These Blueberry Yogurt Popsicles are a refreshing and healthy summer-perfect snack or treat on a warm day. These creamy, delicious popsicles are super easy to make ahead and healthy at under 100 calories each.
They are my favorite treat this summer.
With a hot summer sun bearing down in my neck of the woods, I’ve been thrilled to have these ready in the freezer. No guilt, just delicious summery flavor in a wholesome treat.
When blueberries are at peak season, I love to whip up my favorite muffins or the easiest Blueberry Pie you can make.
But these Blueberry Popsicles have a place of their own on our favorites list.
They’re creamy and delicious, easy to make ahead, and healthy too. They’re absolutely a must this summer!
Blueberry Yogurt Popsicles Notes:
Keep reading for ingredients and measurements in the recipe card below.
Sweetness: We have added a bit of sugar, along with a drizzle of honey to these Blueberry Popsicles which enhances the fresh flavor of the berries.
Flavor: Lightly cooking the berries into a puree before mixing with the yogurt boosts that delicious flavor you expect in a blueberry popsicle.
Yogurt: We suggest using a full-fat Greek yogurt in these popsicles for the best texture and flavor. Full-fat yogurts lend a beautiful creamy texture to the popsicle. Light or skim yogurts can be more tart and icy in texture.
Blueberry Yogurt Popsicles Ingredients
- Fresh or frozen blueberries
- Granulated sugar
- Greek Yogurt
How to Make Blueberry Yogurt Popsicles
Details on how to make these Blueberry Popsicles are in the recipe card below, but here is a summary:
Step 1: Make a Blueberry Puree
Begin by making a blueberry puree. In a saucepan, bring blueberries, water, and sugar to a simmer. Continue to cook until the blueberries release their juices and then mash with a fork. Let cool.
If you want the popsicles smooth with no chunks of berries, puree the mixture in a blender and strain to remove any remaining skins. I usually skip this step as I prefer blueberry popsicles with strains of berries in them.
Step 2: Yogurt
Whisk yogurt, honey, lemon juice, and milk together. Then fold the cooled blueberry mixture into the yogurt. If you like a marbled popsicle, stir only a couple of times.
Step 3: Freeze
Pour the blueberry yogurt mixture into six 3-ounce popsicle molds. Place the sticks into the molds, cover, and freeze for at least 4 hours to overnight.
If You Like Popsicles, Here are More Recipes to Try:
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- Heat the blueberries, water, and granulated sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until the blueberries release their juices; 4 to 5 minutes. Mash the blueberries with a fork and let cool (see notes).
- Whisk the yogurt, honey, lemon juice, and milk together.
- Fold the cooled blueberry mixture into the yogurt. For a marbled effect, stir only a couple of times so there are streaks of color. For a solid color until blended.
- Pour the mixture into six 3-ounce popsicle molds. Place the sticks into the molds, cover and freeze for at least 4 hours to overnight. To unmold, run it under warm water before pulling the popsicles from their molds.
- If you want a smooth popsicle with no chunks of berries, puree the blueberry mixture and then strain with a fine-mesh strainer. Add the blueberry mixture to the yogurt and proceed with the recipe.
Make-Ahead and Storage
- The blueberry purée can be made ahead up to about 5 days. Store in an air-tight container.
- Unmold and wrap each popsicle tightly with plastic wrap to freeze for up to 1 month.
- I prefer the texture and flavor with a full-fat Greek yogurt. Low fat yogurts can produce more tart flavors in popsicles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 6g