This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Banana Blueberry Muffins are a soft, tender, and incredibly delicious blueberry muffin recipe you’ll fall in love with. Made with bananas, fresh or frozen blueberries, and a hint of lemon. Superb for breakfast or snacking any time of the day.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
While I’ve posted quite a few blueberry muffin recipes in the past, there is something mesmerizing with a blueberry lemon combination. And when you add bananas to the mix, it becomes this tender and soft, almost pillowy muffin with beautiful texture and delicious flavor!
I’m a little bit enamored by these muffins… can you tell? Smile.
This recipe is a loose adaptation of two recipes, one originally from Ritz Carlton of Boston and the other a Jordan Marsh department store recipe passed to the New York Times.
Ingredients for Banana Blueberry Muffins
While the exact ingredient measurements are in the recipe card below, here is a list of what you’ll need to make these fabulous muffins:
- Milk: dairy or non-dairy
- Butter: either salted or unsalted. If using salted, you may want to slightly adjust the salt measurement.
- Large egg
- Lemon juice
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Ripe banana
- Fresh or frozen blueberries
How to Make These Banana Blueberry Muffins
Step-by-step instructions are in the recipe card below but this should give you a quick overview of how easy they are to make.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, then beat in the eggs followed by milk, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, salt, and baking powder, and then fold in the blueberries and mashed bananas.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups and if desired, add a few more blueberries to the top. You can also sprinkle additional sugar over the blueberries for a sweet crust.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the muffins are domed and baked through.
Kitchen Equipment Needed
This blueberry muffin recipe is very simple to make and only needs a few kitchen tools.
- Standard 12-cup muffin tin (I’m using a nonstick muffin tin)
- Mixer (electric or stand mixer) to cream the butter.
- Spatula to fold in the bananas and blueberries
- Muffin liners if using or nonstick cooking spray
- I also like to use a cookie scoop when transferring batter to the muffin tin. It helps me portion the batter for equal size muffins.
More Recipes You May Also Love
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and light. Add the eggs and beat well and then beat in the milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, salt, and baking powder until just moistened. Fold in the blueberries and mashed bananas.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups (I like to use a cookie or ice cream scoop). Sprinkle the tops with additional sugar if desired for a sweet crust.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the muffins are baked through. Let cool.
Storing the Muffins:
Store the muffins at room temperature for 1 to 2 days. They also freeze well.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 248mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g
31Daily.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although 31Daily.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.