Instant Pot Jambalaya Recipe: Travel to Cajun country with this easy Instant Pot Jambalaya. Experience delicious flavors in this Louisiana favorite made simple with the ingredients you love.
This amazingly delicious Instant Pot Jambalaya is truly one of my favorite Instant Pot rice dishes. The flavors transport you to Louisiana and it’s hearty enough to fill up your people. Its one-pot convenience makes it perfect for busy weeknights… or weekend meals.
Made with andouille sausage, chicken, uncooked rice, pepper, onion, celery, and spices, it’s a simple, quick-fix everyone will love.
Don’t you love the words, “incredibly easy?” They draw my eye, every time. And then when “incredibly easy” is followed by “incredibly delicious,” you know you’ve hit the jackpot.
That’s the story with this Instant Pot Jambalaya. It’s both incredibly quick and easy, and more delicious than I can describe. You’re just going to have to trust me… and try it!
And, as Mardi Gras or Fat Tuesday nears, I’m looking for ways to bring a little deep south to my table. To infuse our meals with those redolent creole spices that’s oh-so-satisfying.
Cajun and Creole Spices
This recipe calls for Cajun seasoning. Use your favorite. If you’re wondering if Cajun seasoning and Creole seasoning can be used interchangeably… it can. The only difference is Creole seasoning takes Cajun seasoning a bit further by adding herbs like basil, thyme, and oregano. If you’d like to make your own, here’s a link for a highly-rated AllRecipes Cajun Spice Mix.
How Spicy is Jambalaya?
Jambalaya can be as spicy as you want it to be. This recipe is medium spiced. Much of which comes from the andouille sausage. When I make Instant Pot Jambalaya for the family, I always serve it alongside sliced fresh red jalapenos and red pepper flakes for added heat. For me? It’s perfect the way it is!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces andouille sausage, sliced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1½ cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14.5-oz) can chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting and add the oil. Once it's hot, add the sausage slices and cook until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer the sausages to a bowl and set aside.
- Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil inside the pot. Add the cut up chicken and cook on the saute setting for a minute or two, until the chicken is no longer pink. Scrap up the browned bits of sausage as the chicken sautes. Then add the onion, pepper, celery, and garlic; cook for another minute. Add the Cajun seasoning, thyme, bay leaves and rice to the pot; stir to combine.
- To the pot, add the diced tomatoes with their juices, chicken stock, and salt. Secure the lid and turn the valve to sealing. Cook on manual high pressure for 8 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, before a quick release for the remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and gently fluff the rice with a fork. Add the previously sautee sausages to the rice and chicken; stir to combine. Serve the jambalaya in bowls garnished with freshly sliced scallions and a red jalapeno pepper for extra heat
- sliced red jalapenos
- sliced green onions
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 1266mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g