This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli is my go-to dinner whenever I’m craving that favorite Chinese takeout classic. Made with ground beef, it’s an incredibly easy and delicious adaptation of everyone’s favorite Beef and Broccoli recipe, ready in under 20 minutes!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
This incredibly quick and easy recipe for Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli is so good you might just skip Chinese takeout more than you thought!
If you’re looking for a quick and delicious Asian-inspired pressure cooker meal to make in your Instant Pot, you have to give this one a try. This Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli dish will cook in 4 minutes with a 10 minute natural release. Pretty good in my book!
Made with affordable ground beef, it’s so tasty cooked in a rich sauce, full of sweet and salty flavor. A bit of heat is added with red pepper flakes.
It’s a simple and easy weeknight dinner — or anytime you’re craving takeout!
Can I cook the rice in the Instant Pot?
In the inserted pan, add 2 cups rinsed long grain rice, 2 1/2 cups water, plus 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set the pan on top of the high trivet and continue with the recipe.
How should I cook the broccoli?
I prefer to steam the broccoli separately so it remains crisp. But cook it however works best for you; the microwave, stop-top or in the pressure cooker.
You could instead serve just the beef over a bowl of my Easy Fried Rice with Broccoli Cabbage Slaw for some extra veggies!
If you enjoyed this recipe on 31 Daily, you might also enjoy:
- Better Than Takeout Beef and Broccoli
- 15 minute Chinese Chicken and Broccoli
- Instant Pot Healthy Kung Pao Chicken
- Instant Pot Pineapple Chicken without Coconut Milk
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup with No Cream
- Classic Tuna Noodle Casserole with Cheese
Save this and pin it for later!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. If you make this recipe I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Instant Pot Ground Beef and Broccoli
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound broccoli florets diced into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cooked rice for serving
- Put olive oil in the base of the Instant Pot and select the saute function. When the oil begins to sizzle, add the lean ground beef and chopped onion; cook until the onions are translucent and the ground beef is browned.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Turn off the saute function.
- Stir in the water, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes; stir until the sugar is dissolved and all the browned bits on the pot are scraped up. Lock the lid in place. Select High Pressure and set the cooking time for 4 minutes.
- While the ground beef is cooking, cook, steam, or microwave the broccoli until tender. The microwave will take about 3 to 4 minutes with 1/4 cup of water.
- Once the ground beef has cooked, naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes before quickly releasing any remaining pressure. Once the pin drops, remove the lid.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water; whisk until smooth. Select the saute function on the Instant Pot and stir the mixture into the beef. Continue to cook until it has thickened. This should take seconds. Add the steamed broccoli and serve over hot, cooked rice and garnish with sesame seeds.
To Cook Rice in the Instant PotInsert a high trivet over the browned meat and sauce. To a 6 to 7-inch pot, add rinsed rice, water, and salt. Then set the pan on top of the high trivet and cooked the recipe as directed.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.