Italian Sheet Pan Pork Chops and Vegetables is an incredibly easy 20-minute dinner perfect for busy weeknights. Delicious, simple cleanup, with Italian flavors we love.
Specially designed for those nights when the last things on earth you want to do… is wash another pan. I know you have those nights. I do too. The only alternative is a one-pot or sheet pan dinner.
After seasoning the bone-in pork chops with salt and pepper, lay them in the center of a sheet pan. Chop the veggies, toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper and transfer to the sheet pan with the chops. Sprinkle some herbs… and bake. That’s it!
How Long Do These Sheet Pan Pork Chops Take?
How does 20 minutes sound? Perfect for busy weeknights. A few minutes in prep, chopping the vegetables, and 20 minutes to bake. The pork chops will make their own sauce as they bake, so it’s juicy and tender.
Mixing it Up with Seasonal Vegetables
In the spring, I love to add asparagus. The summer and fall seasons bring endless possibilities of fresh garden fresh vegetables. Zucchini is an always favorite, along with peppers, tomatoes and anything else tasty I find in the garden.
During the winter, I love to add sliced butternut squash, sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts.
Serve with a side of buttered noodles, a side green salad, and dinner is done!
- 4 pork chops, bone-in
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 15-oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with their juices
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400-degrees. Salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops and place on an ungreased, rimmed sheet pan.
- Put the onion, red pepper, garlic, zucchini, mushrooms, and tomatoes in a medium-sized bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper; toss. Transfer the vegetables in a single layer onto the sheet pan with the pork chops. Then sprinkle with basil and oregano over both the pork chops and vegetables.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until it reaches your preferred internal temperature. Remove the chops to a platter and return the sheet pan to the oven. Broil the vegetables for 3-5 minutes, or until they are slightly caramelized. Layer the vegetables onto a serving platter with the pork chops and serve.
Pork Chop Notes: I prefer to use bone-in pork chops because it adds a juicy, tender element to the meat. Depending on thickness, adjust cooking time accordingly. The USDA recommends pork chops be cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 145-degrees. To be honest -- I like mine more done. The 20 minute cooking time in this recipe reflects that. Adjust to your taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 396mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 6gSugar: 15gProtein: 45g