Zucchini Tots, a favorite healthy snack, easy to make, and oh-so-good!
Is your garden producing a bumper crop of zucchini this year? Or were they too good to pass up at the farmers’ market? Or perhaps, they were on special at your local market. Whatever the reason, you’re searching for zucchini recipes.
You will have to try these!
Why? Because they’re just a little bit addictive. They’re that good. They are also easy, and best of all… healthy!
If you love zucchini — you’ll love these. Incredibly delicious, and a healthy snack choice. Perfect.
Yield: 24 mini tots
2 cups zucchini, grated (about 2 zucchini)
1/2 of an onion, diced small
1/4 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Grate the zucchini into a clean dish towel. Wring all of the excess water out of the zucchini that you can (it won’t be much, but every little bit counts).
3. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
4. Fill each muffin section to the top, pushing down on the filling with your spoon so it’s nice and compacted (otherwise they’ll fall apart more when you try to take them out of the tin).
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes in preheated oven. The top will be starting to golden. To easily remove from the pan, run a plastic knife around the edge of each tot.