Rosemary Lemonade is a quick, refreshing lemonade like you’ve never tasted before. Fresh and sweet with a hint of the unexpected.
What is Rosemary Lemonade?
It’s a simple and easy lemonade recipe made with simple syrup and lemon juice. Added fresh rosemary sprigs give it a distinctive and refreshing flavor.
This Rosemary Lemonade was inspired by a recipe I found in London’s Telegraph newspaper. I paired it down and adjusted it to our taste.
And made it one of our favorite drinks of the season. Refreshing, sweet, and perfect for warm days on the patio.
Garnishing the Rosemary Lemonade
Add a sprig of fresh rosemary and slices of lemon to each glass. My husband LOVES to add slices of lime to his.
I have to admit, it’s pretty good that way too!
- 1 cup white, granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4-6 large lemons or 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 to 3 cups cold water (to dilute)
- 4 sprigs rosemary, plus extra to serve
- Ice, to serve
- Make "simple syrup": Add sugar and water to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir frequently while the sugar is dissolving and remove from heat
- Juice the lemons: While the water is heating for the simple syrup, juice the lemons. You need about 1 cup of lemon juice which should equal about 4 to 6 large lemons.
- Crush the Rosemary: With the back of a spoon or a rolling pin, slightly crust the rosemary sprigs to release the most flavor.
- Make the Lemonade: In the bottom of a pitcher, add the rosemary sprigs. Then combine the lemon juice, simple syrup, and water. Add 2 to 3 cups of additional cold water or as needed to achieve the taste you like. Taste add more water to dilute if necessary.
- Chill: Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes. Remove the rosemary leaves and transfer the lemonade to a serving pitcher; strain if necessary. Serve with ice, sliced lemons, limes (optional) and additional sprigs of rosemary.
If the lemonade is a little sweet for your taste, add a little more straight lemon juice to it.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 3gSugar: 36gProtein: 1g