This Crustless Quiche with Bacon, Cheese, and Spinach is an easy, delicious and simple quiche made healthier and low carb without a crust. Much like our always popular Bacon, Cheese, and Spinach Quiche.
Did I mention quick? This quiche recipe takes about 5 minutes of prep to make. It’s as simple as whisking eggs and milk.
If you have precooked bacon, this crustless quiche becomes even quicker to execute.
This crustless quiche is perfect if you’re looking for a low-carb, easy quiche to make for company, or a Sunday brunch with family and friends.
Perfect served with lightly dressed greens.
In our house, quiche always shows up on our holiday buffet.
Ingredients of this Crustless Quiche
Dairy: milk, eggs, Parmesan cheese and shredded cheese like cheddar, swiss, asiago, goat or feta.
Seasoning: salt and pepper
Vegetables: fresh baby spinach leaves and scallions
Other: 4 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon
HISTORY OF QUICHE
Long considered a French classic, “Quiche Lorraine,” the original dish, actually originated in the medieval kingdom of Lothringen, Germany. When the borders changed during the Franco Prussian Wars, the region was renamed, Alsace Lorraine. The word ‘quiche’ is from the German ‘Kuchen’, meaning cake. That original recipe was simply an egg and cream custard flavored with smoked bacon, much like this dish.
A quick substitute: Try thinly sliced leek instead of scallions, about 1 small leek, white part only.
RELATED: 31Daily Frittata recipes →
More Quiche Recipes
- Easy Bacon, Cheese and Spinach Quiche
- Easy Broccoli Quiche with Tomatoes
- Crustless Quiche with Mushrooms, Zucchini and Feta
- All quiche recipes >>
- 3/4 cup milk
- 5 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, swiss, asiago, etc.)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves, chopped (see notes for frozen spinach)
- 2–3 scallions, with green parts, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch pie plate or quiche pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk, eggs, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Layer cooked bacon, cheeses, spinach, and scallions in the prepared pie plate.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
If substituting frozen spinach, be sure to thaw first and then ring out as much moisture as possible. Too much moisture will lengthen the baking time. Also, if using frozen spinach, whisk it into the egg mixture so that it doesn’t clump together.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 391mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g