Make Ahead Quiche with Bacon, Cheese, and Spinach is a delicious and easy freezer-friendly, easy recipe for afternoon tea, brunch, or even dinner.
Absolutely perfect for ready-made meals, or meals to take to someone in need.
Similar to our Bacon, Cheese, and Spinach quiche recipe, it’s tweaked slightly to freeze beautifully and bake deliciously afterward.
It’s such a simple recipe that it only takes minutes to pull together. I like to make a couple at a time to store in the freezer. When you’re ready to bake the quiche, don’t thaw it, simply bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Ovens vary so you’ll want to check on it.
If you’re baking it right away, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 45 minutes or until set and golden brown.
Tips on Freezing this Make-Ahead Quiche
Spinach: Rough chop the fresh spinach into bite-size pieces. If using frozen, thaw and then squeeze out any moisture.
Pie Crust: I like to use store-bought, ready-made pie crust. It’s already in a freezable tin and is very convenient for storage.
Make-Ahead Quiche Ingredients
One of the things I love about this quiche is its simple ingredients. And versatility. Sometimes I swap cooked ham for the bacon and rarely but sometimes eliminate the spinach if I’m out. But these are my preferred ingredients!
What you will need:
9 inch store bought unbaked pie crust
Shredded swiss cheese (or Italian blend)
5 cooked bacon strips
4 large eggs
Half and Half
How to Make this Quiche
In a small bowl, toss one tablespoon of flour with grated cheese. Then spread it evenly over the bottom of the pie crust, reserving a handful to sprinkle over the top of the quiche before freezing.
Then whisk together the eggs, half and half, and pepper. Stir in the green onions, bacon crumbles, and fresh chopped spinach. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese into the pie crust. Wrap, label, and freeze.
How to Freeze this Make-Ahead Quiche
After assembling the quiche, cover first with a layer of plastic wrap, followed by a layer of foil. Seal the edges tightly and transfer it to the freezer carefully. You don’t want to slosh the unbaked quiche before it has a chance to freeze.
- 9 inch unbaked pie crust
- 1 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese (or Italian blend)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 5 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Dash of pepper
- In a small bowl, toss the flour with the grated cheese. Spread evenly over the bottom of the pie crust, reserve a handful to sprinkle over the top of the quiche before freezing.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, and pepper. Stir in the green onions, bacon crumbles, and fresh chopped spinach. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese into the pie crust.
- Cover the unbaked quiche first with plastic wrap and then a layer of foil. Be sure to seal the edges firmly. Carefully place the quiche in the freezer.
- Baking the Frozen Quiche: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Retrieve the frozen quiche from the freezer and do not thaw!
- Remove the foil and plastic wrap from the quiche and place it on a baking sheet. Wrap foil around the edges of the crust to prevent over browning or burning. Or you could use a 9-inch pie crust protector shield.
- Bake the frozen quiche for about 1 hour, or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
- Baking the Quiche Immediately: At times, I make multiple quiches for the freezer and want to cook one immediately for dinner. In that case, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
Frozen Spinach: I have always used fresh spinach. If you want to swap frozen for fresh, be sure to thaw completely and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Then thoroughly whisk the spinach with the eggs to prevent clumping.
Pie Crust: When I'm making a quiche to freeze, I always use a store-bought, ready-made frozen crust, usually Marie Calendars. That way the pie tin is freezer safe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 310mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 13g