Crispy Salmon Burgers, yes, in 15 minutes or less. How does that sound?
Busy nights or weekends call for quick-fix menus, preferably assembled from items sitting on my pantry shelf or from always-in-the-refrigerator staples. This recipe is one of my go-to weeknight dinners for those crazy days.
The best part is these Crispy Salmon Burgers are loaded with essential nutrients my whole family needs. No sacrifices here!
Now… let’s talk about salmon.
Can this recipe be made with fresh salmon? Answer: Yes. You can use leftover, already cooked steamed, poached, grilled, baked or whatever you have… salmon.
But I use canned salmon. I have a couple of varieties I like best; Bear & Wolf, Trident – found at Costco, or Wild Planet canned salmon at Whole Foods. What makes these Salmon Burgers so convenient is having canned salmon in the pantry. It’s always there and ready for these truly easy, 15-minute lunch or dinners.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (6oz) cans canned Salmon
- 1/2 cup dry plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons finely minced celery
- 2 tablespoons finely minced sweet onion
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Drain and flake the salmon apart. Mix it thoroughly with all the ingredients and form 4 to 6 patties. I like to use a 1/3 cup measure so they are roughly the same size.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat in a non-stick skillet. Cook patties, flipping once, until golden brown and crispy, about 3 minutes per side. Place on a paper towel-lined plate, sprinkle with salt to taste. Serve on a toasted bun with greens and a smear of Dijon mustard.
My favorite canned salmon is Bear & Wolf, Trident Costco, or Wild Planet.
When my herb garden is in full swing, I add a variety of herbs to the salmon patty mixture. My favorite combination is still parsley and chives.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 473mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g