Maple Spiced Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes should be a staple of any fall gathering or holiday. And a must for Thanksgiving.
This simple yet rich side dish is not only beautiful and healthy but deliciously enhanced with the flavors of the season.
While this recipe is made using a slow cooker, it can be easily adapted to the stovetop. Simply add cubed sweet potatoes to a large pot, cover with water, boil until tender. Then continue as the recipe is written.
My favorite way to make these sweet potatoes, however, is the slow cooker. It’s incredibly easy to just let them cook until tender and assemble just before serving.
Garnish with additional butter, chopped pecans… or even marshmallows, if you prefer.
Maple Spiced Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
More Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Apple Crisp
- Delicious Slow Cooker Cream of Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter
- 17 Easy Tailgating and Slow Cooker Recipes
- Healthy Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup
- 4 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Cook Potatoes: Spray the bowl of a 5-6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add cubed sweet potatoes, salt, pepper, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger; toss to coat. Mix together water and orange juice; pour over the sweet potatoes. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours, or on LOW for 5 to 6 hours. Or until sweet potatoes are very tender.
- Whip Potatoes: In a small saucepan, melt the butter and then add the maple syrup, stirring until well blended. Mash potatoes and drizzle melted butter and maple syrup over the top. Beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until smooth. Serve with additional butter, or sprinkled with chopped pecans.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 6gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g