Berry Puff Pastry Tarts with Lemon Cream
These Mini Berry Puff Pastry Tarts with Lemon Cream are a so-easy afternoon tea sweet, brunch, or summer dessert. Perfect, of course, with a cup of tea. Made with mixed summer berries, they’re easy, fresh, and the perfect dessert for the season.
These Mini Berry Puff Pastry Tarts are fantastic served outdoors or in, for spring gatherings, like Mother’s Day, or an afternoon tea, any time of the year! Simply switch out the berries for what’s in season.
I’ve used mixed berries, but any variety of berries will be delicious. Ideas might be blueberries, blackberries, strawberries… or even tart red currants in early summer.
Frequently Asked Questions
This recipe calls for 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry and will make 12 tarts. But it can easily be doubled if you’re serving a crowd.
Of course – using store bought lemon curd is part of what makes this recipe so simple! But, if you want to make your own I have a great lemon curd recipe to hand.
If you enjoyed this recipe on 31 Daily, you might also enjoy:
- Mini Chocolate Ganache Tarts with Shortcrust Pastry
- Strawberry Jam Puff Pastry Tart
- Mini Strawberry Rhubarb Tarts
- Vanilla Pudding Pie with Summer Berries
- Savory Tian Provencal Tart
Save this and pin it for later!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. If you make this recipe I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!Print
Berry Puff Pastry Tarts with Lemon Cream
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 Tarts 1x
These bite-size Berry Puff Pastry Tarts with Lemon Cream recipe is an easy afternoon tea dessert, Mother’s Day brunch, or summer treat. Perfect, of course, with a cup of tea, a glass of frosted lemonade or iced tea, and a summer breeze. Easy, fresh, and perfect for the season.
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed and cut into squares
- water to brush over pastry
- 2 tablespoons sugar to dust pastry squares
- 1 cup mixed fresh berries (or berry of choice)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
- To make the Pastry Squares: Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Thaw 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry and cut into 12 squares. I like to use my pizza cutter but a sharp knife works too.
- Place the squares on the prepared baking sheet. Pierce the center of each pastry with a fork. Brush the pastry with water and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the Tart Squares: Bake the squares in the preheated oven for 14-16 minutes or until they puff up and are golden brown. Do not underbake as you want them to be nicely browned. Remove from the oven, transfer the squares to a rack to cool completely. Set aside and store at room temperature until you’re ready to assemble and serve the tarts.
- Prep the Fruit: In a small bowl combine the berries and fruit; drizzle with a bit of honey to sweeten. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make the Lemon Cream: In a small bowl combine the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar with a stand or electric mixer. Add the cream and continue to beat until incorporated and the mixture begins to thicken. Increase the speed to high and beat until soft peaks form. Gently fold in the lemon curd and refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- To serve: Place a dollop of lemon cream on top of each pastry square. Spoon the fresh berries on top and dust with additional powdered sugar if desired. Serve immediately.
Dust berry tarts with confectioners’ sugar just before serving or else it may melt in the heat!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Additional Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 149
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 82
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 30
Keywords: puff pastry tarts, berry tarts, afternoon tea desserts, tarts