When the farmers’ market baskets are filled with summer’s bounty of blueberries and peaches, this is a great recipe to combine both—my mom’s Blueberry Peach Pie.
“I don’t often make dessert, but when summer arrives with all the fresh fruit in the markets, I cannot resist. My husband is thrilled when I do succumb to the temptation.
I had a pint of blueberries, which I knew wasn’t enough for a pie. Blueberry pie is his absolute favorite dessert, and peach is a second. I had three very large peaches and decided to put them together. It was delicious and my husband loved the combination, so I had to share it with you.
I will make it again when we have guests!”
Blueberry Peach Pie Ingredients
Ingredients measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post, but here is a quick look at what you’ll need:
- Fresh peaches, sliced
- Fresh blueberries
- Granulated sugar
- All-purpose flour for thickening
- Ground cinnamon for flavor
- Pie crusts (homemade or store-bought)
How to Make Blueberry Peach Pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and make or prepare ready-made pie crusts and lay the bottom crust in a 9-inch pie plate.
- Toss the fruit with sugar, flour, and ground cinnamon and transfer to the prepared pastry-lined pie plate. Dot with butter.
- Cover with the top pastry, cut slits into the top to vent. Cover the edges of the crust with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the crust is light brown and the juices are bubbling.
More Recipes You May Also Enjoy at 31Daily
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Blueberry Peach Pie
- dough for double crust pie homemade or store-bought
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 large peaches sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon butter cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make or prepare ready-made pie crusts and line a 9-inch pie plate with a bottom crust.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, flour and ground cinnamon in a small bowl. Add the peaches and blueberries and stir to combine. Transfer to the prepared pie plate and dot the fruit with pats of butter.
- Cover with the top pastry, seal and crimp the edges of the pastry. Cut slits into the top crust to vent during baking. Finally, cover the edges of the crust with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the crust is light brown and the juices are bubbling. Remove the foil from the crust 15 minutes before the pie is finished baking. Let cool before slicing.
Combine 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour and 1/2 tsp. salt; cut in 1 cup cold butter until crumbly. Gradually add 1/3 to 2/3 cup ice water, tossing with a fork until the dough holds together when pressed. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Frozen Fruit:
You can definitely substitute frozen fruit if they are thawed first and well-drained of any moisture.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.