This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you’re looking for an easy dessert, this Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler is packed with summer fresh flavor, warmed with cinnamon and rich with buttery goodness. A golden, crusty top with melty vanilla ice cream is a summer treasure you won’t soon forget.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we'll send it to your inbox. Plus, you'll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
Summers should be about easy living, sunshine, fresh fruit and veggies… and yes, simple desserts to linger over at the end of a long day.
For years we’ve baked a cast iron dutch oven peach cobbler over a campfire. Made with canned peaches and a yellow cake mix. Simple, easy, and fun. Especially when stargazing.
This cobbler is similar in its simplicity. But… no campfire required.
Plus… it doesn’t heat up the kitchen.
Simply layer into the slower cooker slices of fresh peaches, I prefer the texture with fresh but have used frozen sliced peaches too. Then whisk together a handful of dry ingredients, sprinkle over the peaches, dot with butter, and bake.
To achieve the golden brown soft crust, lay a double layer of paper or kitchen towels over the slow cooker before covering. This will absorb extra moisture, allowing the cobbler to brown.
Bake on HIGH for 2-3 hours or LOW for about 4, depending on your slow cooker.
Which also makes this a perfect Sunday dessert. It’s bubbling and warm and delicious, filling your house with a late summer aroma when walking in the door from church.
More Peach Recipes You’ll Like
Easy Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler
- 4-5 cups fresh peaches about 7 or 8, sliced
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter thinly sliced
- Peel and then slice the peaches directly into the slow cooker. Toss the peaches with 1 to 2 tablespoons of sugar, depending on how sweet they are (You'll have to sample a peach slice. Yay!).
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until mixed evenly. Spread in an even layer over the peaches. Dot with thinly sliced butter over the top. Lay a double sheet of paper towels, or a kitchen towel, over the top of the slow cooker so that it overhangs over the sides and under the lid. This will absorb extra moisture and allow the cobbler to lightly brown.
- Cover and bake 2-3 hours on HIGH or 4 hours on LOW. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or even a splash of heavy cream.
- Slow cookers vary in temperature so adjust the cooking time according to yours.
- If you'd like to bake the cobbler in the oven, prepare a 13 x 9-inch dish with cooking spray or butter, then bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.