Glazed Honey Lemon Pound Cake is a new favorite this spring. Sweet and moist with a smooth, rich texture. This lemon loaf confection is perfect for brunch, afternoon tea or simply a Sunday treat with coffee. Truly, a mouth-watering delight you won’t want to miss.
It’s everything I love about pound cake with an added, subtle yet distinctive lemon flavor that permeates every bite. The honey blends so smoothly and gives the pound cake a unique and lovely texture and sweetness.
Spring-fresh flavors in every bite. And regardless of the season, this decadent yet simple Honey Lemon Pound Cake, it will transport you to sunny days, blue skies, and warm weather.
Honey Lemon Pound Cake Ingredients
This is an incredibly easy cake to make, which makes it all the sweeter to eat and serve. Gather these ingredients…
• Lemon (to juice and zest)
• All-purpose flour
• Baking powder
• Butter, Sugar, and Honey — (try lavender honey if you’re a fan of lavender)
• Buttermilk or heavy cream or half and half
How to Make the Honey Lemon Pound Cake
Preheat your oven to 350°F and lower the oven rack to the lower third. Prepare a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
First, whisk together the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, and salt.
Then, using a handheld mixer or stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. To the butter mixture, add the eggs one at a time before stirring in the honey, lemon juice and zest.
With the mixer on low speed, add the buttermilk or cream. When mixed, gradually add the dry flour mixture to the butter mixture. Don’t overmix but be sure there are no dry flour pockets in the batter. I often finish this with a whisk or spatula to fold in any remaining flour.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Gently tap the pan on a countertop to remove any air bubbles. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the comes out mostly clean. Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack.
Once cool, drizzle the glaze over the lemon pound cake before slicing and serving.
Garnishing the Lemon Pound Cake
Drizzling the lemon pound cake with a powdered sugar glaze enhances the lemon sweetness and adds a pretty white topping. Other ideas include:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, milk, or cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lower the rack to the lower third of the oven. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan generously.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a handheld mixer or stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy; about 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl as needed. With the mixer still running, add the eggs one at a time. Then add the honey, milk or cream, lemon juice, and lemon zest; beat on medium speed until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- With the mixer running on low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients just until combined. If needed, run a whisk through the batter a few times to rid any large lumps. Avoid over-mixing.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Gently tap the pan on a countertop to remove any air bubbles. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out mostly clean. Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack.
- Once cool, drizzle the glaze over the lemon pound cake and add toppings. Let harden slightly before slicing and serving.
- To make the glaze: Combine the lemon juice, melted butter, and confectioners’ sugar. Add additional water or confectioners’ sugar to achieve desired glazing consistency.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g
In this Post