A homemade Pound Cake recipe, topped with fresh strawberries is made perfect in its simplicity. Rich and buttery, this classic dessert is perfect for all spring gatherings.
Homemade Pound Cake Recipe
A homemade Pound Cake with Strawberries is made perfect in its simplicity.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow once said,
“In character, in manner, in style,
in all things, the supreme excellence
For me, summer embodies simplicity. And this pound cake seems to shine brightest when the season’s berries are at their peak.
The pound cake, so named for its original proportion: a pound each of flour, butter, and sugar, is a moist cake that keeps exceptionally well and holds its warm and fragrant vanilla flavor magnificently.
And yes… it freezes beautifully.
While we’ve not kept the original proportions, we’ve tailored it to fit a simply styled loaf pan.
More Strawberry Baking Recipes
- Strawberry Muffins, a Perfect Sweet and Buttery Treat
- 2 Minute Strawberry Mug Cake
- A Classic Strawberry Shortcake Made Easy
- Easy Strawberry Ricotta Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened (16 tablespoons)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- strawberries, halved
- sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9" x 5" loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until light and smooth. Add the sugar in a steady stream, scraping the bowl with a spatula as necessary. Then add the eggs, one at a time and continue beating until the batter is very light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the eggs and buttermilk mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the flour. Mix until just combined. Fold in vanilla just to blend.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan before removing it to a metal cooling rack.
- Slice and served with strawberries and sweetened whipping cream.
- fresh strawberries, halved
- sweetened whipped cream
- This pound cake gets even better with time. This means it's even better the second day than the day it bakes. Perfect for a make-ahead dessert.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g