These baked smores bars are the easiest, most quintessentially summer desserts you can make. Without a campfire, and a mere 6 minutes, these smores in the oven are a favorite treat.
It’s like a bite of summer in every square.
Simple… pure… oven smores, baked and toasty and delicious.
With a buttery graham crust that is a treat all on its own. Seriously, I’m so happy when there are crumbs left on the spoon. Cook’s privilege… or so I tell myself.
Baked Smores in the Oven
Much like campfire smores, these baked smores bars have a graham cracker base, with a melting chocolate middle. Topped with toasted marshmallows that are soft and gooey, and well, perfect.
It’s a little bit of smores heaven.
And a fun, easy, and quick dessert that anyone can make.
How to Make Baked Smores in the Oven
Begin by making a 3-ingredient graham crust: crushed graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Top it with chocolate chips or Hersey bars, 5 minutes in the oven to melt the chocolate and set the crust.
Let the chocolate cool and harden. I often speed up the process by refrigerating for a few minutes.
Layer the marshmallows over the chocolate. Broil for 30 seconds until the marshmallows are toasty and golden… and yummy.
That’s it. S’mores heaven.
Simple, Pure, and Easy S’mores Bars… in the Oven
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cup chocolate chips or 3 Hershey chocolate bars for s'mores
- 1-1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and either butter or line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper that overhangs the edges. Parchment is my preferred method because it's so easy to remove the bars.
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Mix well so the crumbs are completely coated. Transfer to the prepared baking pan. With the back of a spoon or a measuring cup, gently tap to compact the crumbs into a crust.
- Layer either chocolate chips or Hershey bars over the crumbs. Bake in preheated oven for 5-7 minutes or until the chocolate is melted. Remove from the oven. Using an offset spatula or butter knife, spread the melted chocolate in an even layer. Let cool until the chocolate is firm. I usually refrigerate for a few minutes to speed up the process.
- Preheat the oven to broil. Layer the mini marshmallows on top of the firm chocolate in a single layer. I like to pack them tightly. More marshmallows that way :)!
- Place the pan in the oven and broil until the marshmallows are toasted. This will take seconds.
- Cut the bars into squares or rectangles and serve either warm, room temperature, or store them in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 2g