This Greek Yogurt Banana Bread is moist and sweet, and creamy. A perfect balance of ripe bananas, creamy yogurt, and vanilla. Made even sweeter with a dash of chocolate chips.
I love this twist on my favorite banana bread.
What I Adore About this Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
- First and foremost, it’s just plain delicious!
- I love the texture the Greek Yogurt creates.
- Each slice contains 8g of protein. I’m counting that these days!
- It’s a lighter version of a classic favorite.
How Many Does This Greek Yogurt Banana Bread Serve?
In the nutritional data at the bottom of the recipe card below, it is calculated for 8 servings.
However, it can also easily serve 16. I like to slice mine in 1-ounce slices. The guys in my house like at least a 2-ounce slice, which will give you 8 slices.
If slicing the banana bread thinner, cut the nutritional data in half. As in 182.5 calories per slice.
Easy Substitutions in this Banana Bread
Chocolate Chips: You can make it with or without the chocolate chips. Although… chocolate… how can you resist?
Applesauce: The applesauce can be swapped for vegetable oil. I like it because it reduces the fat while still maintaining a great flavor. But it’s optional and can easily be swapped for vegetable or canola oil.
How to Make Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine mashed banana, Greek yogurt, applesauce, and sugar. Then mix in the vanilla and eggs.
Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon; mix until just combined. It’s important to only mix until there are no streaks of flour remaining. Fold in the chocolate chips and transfer the batter into a 9″ x 5″ greased loaf pan.
Bake in a 350-degree oven for 55 to 65 minutes.
Simple and delicious!
More Banana Bread Recipes
- Banana Oat Bread
- Healthier Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
- Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread with Espresso
- Maple Apple Banana Bread
- 3 bananas, mashed (*see note)
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9" x5" bread or loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine the mashed banana, Greek yogurt, applesauce, and sugar. Then mix in the vanilla and eggs.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon; mix until just combined. That means, mix only until there are no streaks of flour remaining. Fold in the chocolate chips (if using). Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Allow the bread to cool completely before removing from the pan and slicing. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
This bread has a slightly reduced amount of sugar. Be sure to use very ripe banana to sweeten it up.
Applesauce: You can swap the applesauce for 1/2 cup of cooking oil. It will be moist and delicious, but a little higher in calories.
Chocolate Chips: To make the bread even healthier, you can forgo the chocolate chips. But sometimes -- a girl just needs a bit of chocolate -- that's why I kept it in the recipe.
Sugar: If you like banana bread a bit on the sweet side, increase the sugar to 1 cup, which is a common amount.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g