This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Instant Pot Coconut Rice is a creamy, delicious side dish with only three ingredients and four minutes of cooking time. A perfect accompaniment to your favorite dishes!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
If you regularly use your Instant Pot, I’m sure you’ve made your fair share of rice dishes. It’s just incredibly convenient and quick.
Coconut rice is one of my favorite rice side dishes, elevating all of our favorite Thai, Chinese, and Hawaiian recipes.
What to Love About This Recipe
- Quick and easy dump recipe with zero prep.
- Creamy and tender rice with a fantastic flavor.
- Three ingredients with a 4-minute cooking time (extra time needed to come up to pressure).
3 Ingredient Coconut Rice
This simple side dish only requires 3 ingredients. I also add a pinch of salt, especially if I’m serving it alone, and chopped fresh cilantro or parsley is nice too.
- Jasmine rice: This long-grain rice tends to have a fluffy texture when cooked. You can also use white long-grain rice or basmati, but I’m partial to jasmine.
- Coconut milk. Use unsweetened coconut milk. We prefer full-fat coconut milk as light or cream of coconut does affect the texture and flavor.
- Water: That’s it… water is the third ingredient.
How to Make Instant Pot Coconut Rice
This simple recipe can be made in any electric pressure cooker or multi-cooker. I’m using a 6-quart Instant Pot.
As mentioned earlier, it’s a dump-and-go recipe that is ready in minutes.
- Add the three ingredients to the pressure cooker insert. Cover and cook on manual high for 4 minutes. Then, naturally release the pressure for 5 minutes before quickly releasing any remaining pressure.
Fluffy with a fork… and serve!
What to Serve with Coconut Rice
My favorite main dish to serve with coconut rice is Crockpot Hawaiian Pineapple Pork. It’s also a 3 ingredient recipe with zero prep. These two recipes are made for each other!
More Recipes You May Also Love
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Instant Pot Coconut Rice
- 1 14-ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add coconut milk, water, and rinsed rice to the pressure cooker insert.
- Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes, followed by a natural pressure release for 5 minutes.
- Quick release remaining pressure, remove the lid, fluffy with a fork, and season with salt to taste.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.