Instant Pot Greek Chicken and Rice
Instant Pot Greek Chicken and Rice is an easy but incredibly flavored Mediterranean chicken and rice recipe inspired by our favorite Greek Chicken. And, it’s ready in 20 minutes. Perfect for dinners, any day of the week!
Are you a fan of Souvlaki? It’s one of our favorite dishes, in fact, we have a delicious and easy Chicken Souvlaki recipe here at 31Daily that is always a reader favorite.
As you may know, souvlaki can trace its roots to antiquity. In fact, the first mention of this beloved dish is found in the Iliad, but is also mentioned in the works of Aristotle.
This Greek Chicken and Rice recipe is not souvlaki. But is most definitely inspired by it and all our favorite Greek chicken recipes, like our Mediterranean Sheet Pan Greek Chicken.
But this recipe is made incredibly quick and easy in the Instant Pot with all the flavors we love.
Instant Pot Greek Chicken and Rice Ingredients
Gather these ingredients to make this delicious Greek-inspired Instant Pot Chicken and Rice dish. The exact measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Olive oil
- Red onion: yellow, sweet onions, or green onions work too.
- Garlic cloves
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- Uncooked long grain rice
- Red bell peppers, chopped
- Low sodium chicken broth
- Lemon juice
- Seasonings: dried oregano, dill, and fine sea salt
- For serving: fresh parsley and feta cheese (optional but delicious!)
How to Make Instant Pot Greek Chicken and Rice
Step-by-step instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post but here’s an overview of this easy chicken recipe.
- Set a 6-quart Instant Pot to SAUTE mode. Add the olive oil and once it’s hot, add the vegetables and seasoning and cook until softened. Then add the chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Stir in the rice, broth, and lemon juice. Be sure no food is stuck to the bottom of the pot when stirring.
- Cover and seal, cook on manual high pressure for 5 minutes then quickly release the pressure.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and stir in fresh parsley and feta cheese if using.
I like to drizzle the dish with a bit of olive oil and top with feta cheese, fresh parsley or dill.
What to Serve With Greek Chicken and Rice
All the common Greek accompaniments and flavors are great with this dish. I particularly to serve it with:
- Cucumber slices (English or Persian cucumbers)
- 5 Minute Greek Tzatziki Sauce
- Cherry tomatoes
- Pita wedges
More Recipes You May Also Enjoy
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Instant Pot Greek Chicken and Rice
Instant Pot Greek Chicken and Rice is an easy but incredibly flavored Mediterranean chicken and rice recipe inspired by our favorite Greek Chicken. And, it's ready in 20 minutes. Perfect for dinners, any day of the week!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 ½ cups uncooked long grain rice, rinsed (or basmati)
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill (or 1 tablespoon fresh)
- 1 (15 oz) can low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Chopped fresh parsley for serving
- Crumbled feta cheese for serving
- Set a 6-quart Instant Pot to SAUTE mode. Add the olive oil and once it’s hot, add the onion, carrots, red peppers, garlic, oregano, dill, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until it begins to soften; about 2 minutes. Then add the chicken to the pot. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink; about 5 minutes.
- Add the rinsed rice, broth, and lemon juice. Stir the pot well to make sure there are no stuck-on bits of food.
- Cover and seal the Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure (manual) for 5 minutes then quickly release the pressure. Check the chicken to make sure it is cooked through (165° on an instant-read thermometer).
- Fluff the rice with a fork and stir in fresh parsley and feta cheese if using. Adjust seasoning as desired.
- I’m using basmati but white long grain rice is delicious too. I have not tested this recipe with instant rice. Be sure to rinse the rice before adding it to the Instant Pot. This helps avoid burn errors.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Freeze in an airtight freezer container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Reheat: Gently microwave, loosely covered, until heated through.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 511mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 39g
31Daily.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although 31Daily.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.