These July 20-Minute Dinners are super fast, healthy, and filled with fresh summer flavors. Quick and easy dinners that will give you more time for summer fun!
From a summer pasta packed with vegetables for a meatless option to healthy chimichangas, an Asian-inspired summer salad, a simple stir-fry, and quick and easy fish tacos round out the week.
Because after all, summer only comes once a year. Dinners should be quick and healthy, but give you plenty of time for outdoor fun!
7 Food Items to Stock This Summer
With sometimes illusive summer schedules, eating healthy can take a backseat to convenience. Stocking your pantry ahead of time with quick, simple options for meals is a smart choice.
- Healthy Condiments: For quick snacks or alongside easy meals, condiments are super convenient to have stocked. Think mustards, hot sauce, salsa (unless you’re making your own), chickpeas for quick hummus, etc. I always have Greek yogurt on hand for quick dips and healthy baking.
- Eggs: Perfect for quick meals from frittatas to quiches, shakshuka, boiled eggs for snacks, egg muffins, and more.
- Fresh Veggies: If you have a garden, I’m sure you have plenty, if you’re not growing think about summer fresh produce like cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, summer squash, corn, peppers, chilies, and cherry tomatoes. They are especially handy and versatile!
- Fresh Fruit: All the berries, and be sure to freeze some for quick smoothies, overnight oats or breakfast quinoa, baked goods, and more. But peaches, plums, and apricots are also a summer requirement!
- Herbs: I grow an herb garden, but if I didn’t, I would stock fresh parsley, cilantro, basil, and thyme.
- Aromatics: Onions, celery, and garlic are convenient for so many recipes, but I also like to stock leeks and green onions too. Think pizza, flatbread, quick pasta, risotto, and summer soups.
- Dairy: For quick snacks, I like to keep yogurt, milk (both dairy and oat), and cheeses (like goat, cheddar, Parmesan, and mozzarella) on hand.
RELATED: More 31Daily Dinner Ideas >>
Deliver to Your Email!
Deliver these weekly dinner menus to your email inbox Sunday mornings. Tap the box below!
July 20-Minute Dinners: What to Cook (June 27)
More Weekly Dinner Plans
Check out all our weekly dinner meal plans here……