Treat yourself to homemade Pumpkin Butter; rich and creamy and incredibly delicious. Made on the stovetop in 25 minutes with 7 ingredients. A simple, indulgent way to celebrate the best of fall.
You will be so glad you did…
A lot of autumn, it seems, is about the aroma of warm spices that waft through the house as the baking and making season begins. It’s a kind of aromatherapy… for your home. The making of this simple and easy pumpkin butter will transform your place into a warm and cozy fall retreat.
So brew yourself a cup of tea and prepare to be happy!
It’s really a fall staple and one if you’ve not made before… you’ll want to make this year. So easy, so simple… with incredible results.
What to Make with Pumpkin Butter?
Everything from breakfast items to desserts. Well, snacks too.
Use as ingredients in:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
How to Make Pumpkin Butter
Combine the ingredients into a medium saucepan. Over medium-high heat, bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce to a low simmer. Cook the pumpkin butter until it is thickened and creamy, about 20 to 25 minutes. Don’t leave the kitchen for you will want to stir frequently.
That’s it. Super simple, super yummy!
- 28 ounce can pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- Combine pumpkin, apple juice, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, ginger and a pinch of salt in a large saucepan; stir well.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until thickened. I like to bring the pumpkin butter to a boil on medium-high heat and reduce the heat to low for cooking. But use levels that work on your stove. Stir the pumpkin butter frequently as it cooks.
- Once cooled completely, transfer the butter to a glass refrigerator container and store for up to 2 weeks. Or you can freeze the pumpkin butter for 1 month.
- Perfect for holiday hostess gifts, spread on fall favorites like waffles, pancakes, toast, pumpkin bread, banana bread or oatmeal. Or used in cheesecakes and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 3gSugar: 33gProtein: 1g