Light and fluffy, filled with seasonal flavors of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves, these delightful pumpkin pancakes are the perfect morning breakfast treat topped with toasted pecans and warm maple syrup.
As soon as the pumpkin begin filling the market, I’m stocking up on cans of pumpkin to make goodies both sweet and savory. And breakfast is no exception. Pumpkin is delightful for breakfast too!
For additional pumpkin inspiration, see more recipes at the foot of this post.
1 cup flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup milk
1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
3 tablespoons canola oil
Garnish: 1/4 cup pecans, toasted, and fruit of choice. We always love blueberries in the morning and who could resist a sprinkling of chocolate chips?
In a small, dry skillet, toast the pecans, stirring often until lightly brown – about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, nutmeg, and cloves into a small bowl. In a separate bowl, beat egg, milk, and pumpkin together until just blended. Stir in the oil. Add the flour mixture and stir until combined.
Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with oil or cooking spray. Add pancake batter, 1/4 cup at a time or the size desired. Cook until the edges pull slightly away and bubbles form evenly on the top — about 1 – 2 minutes. Flip the pancake and cook the second side until golden brown. Remove to a warm serving platter and continue making pancakes with remaining batter.
Serve garnished with toasted pecans and warm maple syrup.
Pumpkin Recipes at 31Daily!
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Pecans and Maple Syrup
- Autumnal Favorite: Pumpkin Curry Soup
- Pumpkin Stuffed with Herbed Apple Couscous
- Pumpkin Chickpea Curry
- 15-Minute Easy Pumpkin Scones
- Pumpkin Spice Latte with Homemade Pie Spice Blend
- Classic Flavors of Fall: A Favorite Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin for the Heart and Soul: Pumpkin Spice Bars
- Microwave Spiced Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Brittle
- Roasted Sweet and Savory Pumpkin Seeds
- Toasted Cranberry, Pumpkin Seed and Walnut Granola