This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Warm up to fall with this easy yet incredibly delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte. A homemade pumpkin pie spice sets it apart and the Make-Ahead Pumpkin Spice Syrup will keep you in lattes for a month!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
Pumpkin Spice Lattes have defined the advent of the autumn season for years now, with Starbucks leading the parade.
And while I love my morning Starbucks, especially on brisk mornings with richly colored leaves falling softly to the ground — it’s fun to bring the party home and brew the beloved latte at home as well. Usually my second… or third. It keeps the creative juices flowing, or so I tell my family.
This weekend, I was in my local market shopping for everyday items… and canned pumpkin.
I was surprised to find the shelf empty. I went to another local market with the same result. And yet a third… and a fourth. By the time I landed at the fifth store, I found 1 can left — the 30-ounce can. Of course, I quickly loaded it in my cart. While in the isle I saw three other shoppers also with the intent of finding canned pumpkin. They had theirs, I was the last. Relieved, they joked with each other about their morning pumpkin spice lattes.
So, if you can find pumpkin in your market — and you’re a Pumpkin Spice Latte fan — try this! The Homemade Pumpkin Spice Pie Blend is a particular favorite, very similar to the pumpkin pie recipe we love in the fall.
More Recipes You May Also Enjoy
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
- 1 cup milk
- 2 shots of espresso or 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee per latte
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Syrup (See Below)
- Garnish with cinnamon or nutmeg and Sweetened Whipped Cream
- 1/3 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or homemade blend)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the Pumpkin Spice Latte:
- Bring the milk to a simmer over low heat. Froth or whisk the milk.
- In two large mugs, combine the espresso or brewed coffee with 1 tablespoon of Pumpkin Spice Syrup in each mug. Divide the frothed milk between the two, top with sweetened whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon or nutmeg over each.
Make-Ahead Pumpkin Spice Syrup:
- In a small saucepan, stir together the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice (or homemade blend); cook over medium heat until it thickens, about 3 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, whisk together 2 cups of water, sugar, and brown sugar; bring to a boil and cook until it thickens and reduces slightly, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the pumpkin puree; cook for 10 more minutes. **Do not let the mixture come to a boil as it will make the syrup cloudy
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Line a fine-mesh strainer with cheesecloth and pour the pumpkin mixture through the strainer in a refrigerator container with a tight-fitting lid. Stir in the vanilla and store in the refrigerator.
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Mix together and keep in a spice container with a shaker top. The Pumpkin Spice Syrup will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 month and will make about 1 and 1/2 cups of syrup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.