Warm up your chilly autumn mornings with these Pumpkin Waffles packed with favorite flavors of the season.
On weekends, I like to make a double batch and freeze the second for busy weekday mornings. A quick turn in the microwave delivers a warm breakfast any day of the week. Especially on blustery mornings!
Add some melting butter, a drizzle of warm maple syrup, and suddenly, the morning becomes beautiful and the autumn colors dazzle. No matter what the weather decides to do.
Looking for a delicious Thanksgiving breakfast? These would be perfect.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- dash of cloves
- 2 eggs yolks
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves in a large bowl.
- In a second bowl, add egg yolks, sugar, pumpkin, milk, and oil; beat well.
- Whip the egg white with an electric mixer or stand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the flour mixture followed by the whipped egg whites.
- Cook according to your waffle iron directions. Serve with butter and maple syrup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 303mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 7g