One Pan Roasted Chicken Hindquarters
There’s something special about Roasted Chicken Hindquarters with Garlic, Squash, and Tomatoes in the fall or winter. Perhaps it’s the brilliantly colored roasted squash and vegetables, or the cozy aroma of baking chicken.
I haven’t put my finger on the why yet. I just know it is. Special and delicious that is.
Yet while this roasted chicken recipe looks extra special, it’s really a budget-friendly (markets often price chicken hindquarters well), healthy, one-pan, easy clean-up meal.
A simple toss with olive oil and spices, 40 minutes in the oven, and you have a beautiful, delicious company-worthy dinner. Or family worthy, as I like to think.
Chicken Hindquarters Ingredients
Here is a list of my favorite ingredients to add to this chicken sheet pan dinner. The exact measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Chicken hindquarters with leg and thigh
- Head of garlic
- Red onion
- Medium zucchini
- Butternut squash (acorn or pumpkin works well too)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Rosemary (fresh or dried)
- Thyme (fresh or dried)
- Smoked paprika
More Chicken Recipes
- Homestyle and Pan-Seared German Chicken Schnitzel
- Easy Bruschetta Chicken Breast Bake
- Quick Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Mediterranean Sheet Pan Greek Chicken
- Simple Chicken Perloo: South Carolina Classic
More Recipes You May Also Enjoy
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Roasted Chicken Hindquarters with Garlic, Squash and Tomatoes
There's something special about Roasted Chicken Hindquarters with Garlic, Squash, and Tomatoes in the fall or winter. Perhaps it's the brilliantly colored roasted squash and veggies, or the cozy aroma of baking chicken.
- 4 chicken hindquarters with leg and thigh
- head of garlic halved
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- medium zucchini, sliced in rounds
- 1/2 butternut squash, sliced (acorn or pumpkin works well too)
- 12-15 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, and 1/4 teaspoon thyme. Add the onion, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, and garlic to the bowl; toss to coat. Transfer to a roasting pan or sheet pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 pepper, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon thyme and paprika. Sprinkle the chicken with the paprika spices; arrange over the vegetables. Roast until a thermometer inserted in the chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are tender, 35-40 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 654mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 30g
This is so good !!! Everyone needs to try it . I didn’t have butternut or zucchini so I used one whole Kabocha Squash. I also didn’t have individual herbs listed besides paprika so I used about 1 -2 tsp Italian seasoning. Seriously I have the hardest time with chicken quarters and these came out perfect. We have tons of cherry tomatoes this fall so this is perfect ! Thanks for this !
You made my night, Tori! Thanks so much for letting me know. I love this recipe. It’s a go-to often at our house on fall Sundays. Your addition of Kabocha Squash is SO perfect! In fact, you made me hungry — I’m adding that to my grocery list for next week!