Roasted Fall Vegetables with Maple, Thyme, and Apple, an easy, simple, and incredibly delicious side dish to prepare for Thanksgiving, or fall dinners, all season.
As I pass our local farms and peruse my farmers’ market, I’m anticipating the cooler, brisk days ahead. It’s dishes like this one that occupies my imagination.
There is almost nothing more delicious than caramelized veggies. So incredibly easy to throw on a sheet pan, yet the results are so tasty. A beautiful accompaniment to any meal.
While this is simple enough to prepare anytime in the season, it’s extra good for the holidays to come.
I love the addition of the apples that lend a slightly sweet yet savory flavor to all of this roasted goodness.
Roasted Fall Vegetables
Below is my base recipe. But to be honest, I add to it any veggie hanging out in my fridge. I love halved Brussel Sprouts, butternut squash… well, the list is actually endless! Use your imagination, it won’t steer you wrong.
RELATED: Brussels Sprouts recipes >
- 2 parsnips, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 4 small purple potatoes, quartered
- 3 small gold potatoes, quartered
- 2 turnips, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 bunch rainbow carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 large shallots, quartered
- 2 apples, cored and halved
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbs. fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- Preheat an oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the parsnips, potatoes, turnips, carrots, shallots, and apples on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Combine olive oil and maple syrup in a small bowl and drizzle over the vegetables. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and thyme and toss well. Roast in preheated oven, tossing occasionally until the vegetables and apples are lightly brown and tender. About 30 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables and apples to a platter or a serving dish. Sprinkle with a little flaky sea salt and thyme or parsley and serve immediately. Serves 6.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 8gSugar: 14gProtein: 5g