You’re going to love this quick and easy cast iron Skillet Baked Beans recipe, cooked in under 30 minutes! This is a go-to, quick bacon baked beans recipe made with simple ingredients that is delicious, savory… and easy!
There is nothing fancy here, just an easy recipe for Skillet Baked Beans made with simple ingredients, baked in a skillet… with the flavors you expect in baked beans!
It’s an excellent quick and savory recipe that will help get your grilling party or holiday meal on the table in a flash. Or simply when you’re craving the taste of summer.
To make these simple baked beans you’ll need a small onion, garlic cloves, two cans of white beans (whatever you already have in the cupboard), Cola, molasses, tomato ketchup, mustard powder, brown sugar, cayenne pepper and some cooked and crumbled bacon. That’s it!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, just be sure to let them cool completely before storing them in an air tight container for up to 1 day and that you heat them through thoroughly before serving.
Feel free to leave out the bacon, but you’ll need a little extra cooking oil to make up for the missing bacon fat, and you’ll need to be careful with the seasoning as your beans will need a lot more salt to get them seasoned right!
If you don’t own one a heavy, shallow bottomed casserole or large frying pan will work instead.
If you enjoyed this recipe on 31 Daily, you might also enjoy:
Save this and pin it for later!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Quick and Easy Skillet Baked Beans
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 cans 15 ounces each white beans, such as cannellini or navy, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cola
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper more if you like it spicy
- 4 slices of bacon pre-cooked and crumbled
- Cook bacon in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, drain on a paper towel, and crumble after it cools. Set aside. (Skip this step if your bacon is already fully cooked).
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon or less of fat from the bacon. Add onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add beans and 1/2 cup water; simmer until beans have softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add cola, molasses, ketchup, mustard powder, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and another 1/2 cup of water. Simmer until sauce has thickened, 10-15 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Sprinkle cooked, crumbled bacon over the beans, and add some fresh chopped parsley if desired. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day; reheat on low.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.