This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Salmon Salad Tea Sandwiches are a delightful combination of delicate flavors and satisfying textures. A beautiful finger sandwich that can elevate any tea party, brunch, or light dinner. Effortless to make and bursting with flavors of fresh dill and lemon!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
For a delightful tea experience, finger sandwiches are an essential component. If you’re seeking a refreshing twist on a classic, these salmon salad tea sandwiches are not only bursting with flavor but bring together the richness of the fish with a medley of ingredients, resulting in a harmonious blend of flavors that will leave your taste buds longing for more.
Salmon salad tea sandwiches effortlessly combine the richness of salmon with an irresistible blend of flavors. These dainty and elegant treats are perfect for afternoon tea parties, brunches, or even as a light lunch option. With their delicate textures and irresistible taste, salmon salad tea sandwiches will leave a lasting impression on your guests and make any occasion truly memorable.
The Allure of Salmon:
Salmon, renowned for its nutritional benefits and delicate taste, takes center stage in these salmon salad tea sandwiches. Packed with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals, salmon offers a sumptuous flavor and provides essential nutrients.
And when made into dainty shapes, like finger sandwiches, triangles, or squares, as we’ve done here, it’s a delightful addition to a 3-Tier Tray or sandwich tray.
A Medley of Flavors in Salmon Salad Tea Sandwiches
A carefully curated blend of ingredients is combined to create a symphony of flavors to elevate these salmon salad tea sandwiches.
You can find the exact ingredient measurements in the recipe card below.
- Cooked flaked salmon, preferably wild-caught, for its superior taste and sustainability. I’m using wild-caught canned salmon in this recipe, but if you want to make your own, cook two 6-ounce filets in a skillet with olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika. Once cooked, flake and proceed with the recipe.
- Celery, for a subtle crunch
- Fresh dill for a vibrant herbaceous note which complements the salmon beautifully
- Tangy sauce combines lemon juice, Dijon mustard, paprika, and sea salt. As an optional ingredient, I prefer a touch of sugar which perfectly balances the tangy lemon flavor—lending the salad a zesty and creamy element. Add finely diced red onion for a subtle crunch and a touch of sharpness.
Assembling Salmon Salad Tea Sandwiches:
To construct these elegant tea sandwiches, begin by selecting your preferred bread. Classic choices like crustless white bread or whole wheat bread work well, but you can experiment with different varieties such as rye or multigrain for added complexity.
Spread a thin layer of softened butter or cream cheese on each slice to enhance the richness and prevent sogginess.
Next, generously spoon the salmon salad onto one slice, ensuring an even distribution of ingredients. I like to use a cookie scoop for even distribution.
Top the filling with a second slice and gently press them together. If making squares, I like to use a small offset spatula to square the filling with the edges of the sandwich bread.
How to Garnish Salmon Salad Tea Sandwiches:
Consider garnishing your salmon salad tea sandwiches to add a touch of visual appeal and a burst of freshness. While I’m using a simple sprig of fresh dill, thinly sliced cucumber, radish, or watercress is also beautiful and contributes vibrant colors and contrast to the creamy salmon filling.
More Afternoon Tea Party Posts
If you are hosting, or thinking about hosting a tea party, here are some helpful posts you may want to peruse at your leisure.
Recipes Ideas for Tea
- Easy Make Ahead Tea Sandwiches
- Afternoon Tea Scones Recipes
- Easy Afternoon Tea Savory Bites: Recipes and Ideas
- Tea Sweets Bites and Teacakes
Tea Party Essentials
- How to Serve an Easy Afternoon Tea
- Downton Abbey Afternoon Tea and Recipes
- 8 Top Teas for Afternoon Tea
- Queen Elizabeth Afternoon Tea Recipes
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Salmon Salad Tea Sandwiches
- 12 ounces canned salmon or 2 6-ounce salmon fillets, cooked and flaked
- 1/4 cup celery finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 16 slices wheat bread frozen
- fresh dill sprigs for serving
- Place canned or cooked, flaked salmon in a bowl along with finely chopped celery.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chopped dill, lemon juice, paprika, sugar, and salt. Stir, cover, and chill until cold.
- Using a 1 3/4-inch square cutter, cut 32 shapes from frozen bread slices. Spread a thin layer of butter or cream cheese to prevent sogginess. Then spread a thick layer of salmon salad evenly onto 16 squares. I like to use a cookie scoop for even portions. Top with remaining squares, and press down very lightly. If you want to square up the edges, a small offset spatula works wonders!
- Top each finger sandwich with a sprig of fresh dill and serve immediately.
- If not serving immediately, cover tea sandwiches with damp paper towels to prevent drying and store in an airtight container for up to 1 hour. Otherwise, refrigerate the filling and assemble and garnish the sandwiches when ready to serve.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.