This easy Overnight Egg Bake breakfast casserole, filled with eggs, sausage, and kale, is perfect for brunch season. So simple to make ahead.
When you’re serving a crowd or preparing for brunch, nothing could be more simple than this delicious breakfast casserole.
Prep the breakfast brunch casserole the night before, and it’s ready to pop into the oven the next morning.
Or, assemble and bake it on the same day. Simply reduce the baking time by about 5 minutes.
Creamy and cheesy, filled with eggs and healthy veggies, this breakfast brunch casserole will become a go-to solution when you’re serving a crowd.
Egg Bake Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
- Garlic, red pepper, and kale
- Cooked breakfast sausage
- Shredded cheese
How to Make this Egg Bake Breakfast Casserole
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk; stir in garlic, salt, and cheese.
Add the chopped red pepper, kale, and sausage to the baking dish, spreading evenly. Pour the egg mixture on top, gently stirring the mixture to distribute evenly.
Cover and refrigerate for about 8 hours or overnight.
To bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Uncover the refrigerated casserole; bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until just set and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and sliced green onions for garnish.
Making the Breakfast Casserole Same Day
If you want to make and bake the breakfast casserole on the same day, simply follow the recipe instructions below and reduce the baking time by about 5 minutes.
More Breakfast Recipes We Love
- Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipes
- 16 Make Ahead Breakfast Casseroles
- Easy Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Make Ahead Easy Vegetable Egg Bake Breakfast Casserole
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Easy Overnight Egg Bake with Sausage and Kale
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded Sharp Cheddar or Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1 cup crumbled cooked breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- sliced green onions for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk; stir in garlic, salt, and cheese.
- Add chopped pepper, kale, and sausage to the baking dish, spreading evenly. Pour egg mixture on top, gently stirring mixture to distribute. Cover and refrigerate about 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Uncover the refrigerated casserole; bake 35 to 40 minutes or until just set and a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and sliced green onions for garnish.
- This dish can also be made the same day, but adjust the bake time to 30 to 35 minutes and check for doneness.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.