This easy Overnight Egg Bake breakfast casserole, filled with eggs, sausage, and kale, is perfect for brunch season. So simple to make ahead.
When you’re serving a crowd or preparing for brunch, nothing could be more simple than this delicious breakfast casserole.
Prep the breakfast brunch casserole the night before, and it’s ready to pop into the oven the next morning.
Or, assemble and bake it on the same day. Simply reduce the baking time by about 5 minutes.
Creamy and cheesy, filled with eggs and healthy veggies, this breakfast brunch casserole will become a go-to solution when you’re serving a crowd.
Egg Bake Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
- Garlic, red pepper, and kale
- Cooked breakfast sausage
- Shredded cheese
How to Make this Egg Bake Breakfast Casserole
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk; stir in garlic, salt, and cheese.
Add the chopped red pepper, kale, and sausage to the baking dish, spreading evenly. Pour the egg mixture on top, gently stirring the mixture to distribute evenly.
Cover and refrigerate for about 8 hours or overnight.
To bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Uncover the refrigerated casserole; bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until just set and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and sliced green onions for garnish.
Making the Breakfast Casserole Same Day
If you want to make and bake the breakfast casserole on the same day, simply follow the recipe instructions below and reduce the baking time by about 5 minutes.
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded Sharp Cheddar or Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1 cup crumbled cooked breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- sliced green onions for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk; stir in garlic, salt, and cheese.
- Add chopped pepper, kale, and sausage to the baking dish, spreading evenly. Pour egg mixture on top, gently stirring mixture to distribute. Cover and refrigerate about 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Uncover the refrigerated casserole; bake 35 to 40 minutes or until just set and a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and sliced green onions for garnish.
- This dish can also be made the same day, but adjust the bake time to 30 to 35 minutes and check for doneness.
Use your favorite sausage in this recipe. I like to use bulk sausage rather than link sausage. However, while I've not used this product, it did catch my attention. I noticed that Jimmy Dean has fully cooked Sausage Crumbles in Original and Turkey Sausage varieties, making this recipe easy to throw together in very little time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 292mgSodium: 651mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 25g
More Breakfast Recipes We Love
- Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipes
- 16 Make Ahead Breakfast Casseroles
- Easy Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Make Ahead Easy Vegetable Egg Bake Breakfast Casserole