This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we'll send it to your inbox. Plus, you'll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
Valentine’s Day is soon approaching and these Strawberry Heart Cookies are an easy gift for your sweetheart. It’s a simple sugar cookie dough, sweetened with strawberry preserves, and cut into heart shapes. And so yummy, and pink and pretty.
There’s something special about heart-shaped cookies. Especially on Valentine’s Day. But any time of the year that you want to share a little baking love.
The dough is simply my favorite sugar cookie cutout recipe with added strawberry jam or preserves, a touch of lemon juice to brighten the strawberry flavor. The color comes from the jam. If you want to deepen the pink color, add a couple of drops of red food coloring.
The white icing glaze on the cookies is simply confections’ sugar, butter,
Valentine's Day Strawberry Heart Cookies
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 drops of red food coloring will deepen the pink or red strawberry color
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, strawberry preserves, lemon juice, and vanilla; mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the butter mixture and combine. Divide the dough into two portions, shape into discs, wrap in plastic and refrigerate about an hour.
- To bake the cookies, remove the dough disk from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature about 10 minutes. Once soft enough to handle, roll out the dough and cut into shapes. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until light brown around the edges.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.