This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Baked Chicken Tacos are a quick and easy dinner favorite. Stuffed with cheese and beans, these rotisserie chicken baked tacos will have your people asking for seconds. And you will be smiling because they are so incredibly simple to make.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
When you’re looking for leftover chicken recipes, have a surplus of rotisserie chicken, or want an incredibly quick and easy meal, this “recipe” is one to remember.
In fact, it’s almost not a recipe at all. It’s an assembly. A quick and easy assembly.
And if the people you cook for like tacos, like mine do, it’s a go-to, cook’s night-off-favorite.
With a teen in the house, and his friends, these tacos are an easy Friday night, party food, crowd gathering, taco bar kind of recipe. Easy and delicious. Simply multiply the ingredients to the number of tacos you need to serve.
If you’ve meal prepped chicken ahead with our easy shredded Mexican chicken, you’ll not need to add the salsa, other than as a topping. If you’re using rotisserie chicken, the salsa adds an important Mexican flavor component.
I have a refried bean lover in our house. While the recipe calls for refried beans, substitute your favorite beans.
My favorite? Black beans, always. They’re incredibly delicious in these tacos. Just be sure to rinse and drain well before adding them to the shells.
We’ve listed some topping ideas that will take your baked chicken tacos into the favorite recipe zone. I like to think of the toppings as side dishes, which easily subs for a salad served with the tacos. Add some tortilla chips, guacamole, bean dip, and dinner is served.
Here’s to another quick and easy, but healthy and tasty meal!
More Recipes You May Also Enjoy
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
- 1 package taco shells (10 count) 2-1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken 1-1/4 cup salsa can (16 ounce) refried beans 1-1/4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- guacamole (homemade guacamole or store-bought)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch or 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Place taco shells standing up in the baking dish.
- Assemble Tacos: Spread about 2 tablespoons refried beans in the bottom of each shell. Top with a heaping amount of chicken, 1/4 cup in each taco. Next, spoon 2 tablespoons of salsa over the chicken, followed by 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the chicken is heated through.
- Garnish each taco with your preference of toppings. Ideas include guacamole (quick homemade or store-bought), chopped tomatoes, green onions, shredded lettuce, salsa, and sour cream.
- guacamole (quick homemade or store-bought),
- chopped tomatoes
- green onions
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 taco
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Protein: 20g