Quick Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Dip
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Dip is a favorite game day, tailgating, movie night, open house, and healthy snack recipe. It takes minutes to whip up.
This hummus recipe can be made a day ahead. Keep it refrigerated, and bring it to room temperature before serving.
The secret to great hummus is quality tahini. While you can make your own, as detailed in this post by the Kitchn, I most often buy mine. A favorite is the Whole Foods 365 Brand. If that’s not convenient, purchase a quality brand your market carries.
Tahini is used in sauces, noodles, meat, and yes, even cookies. Bon Appetit has some great ideas here.
For game days, I like to serve a variety of foods, crudites, and always, always dips. Hummus is a favorite. And this healthy dip will be a winner with your crowd! Easy, delicious and healthy. It doesn’t get better than that.Print
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Dip
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Dip is a favorite game day, tailgating, movie night, open house, healthy snack recipe. It takes minutes to whip up.
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and blotted dry
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of cayenne
- Combine chickpeas, peppers, tahini, oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, and cayenne in a food processor.
- Puree until very smooth. Serve with veggie chips, pita chips, or crudités.