These Dark Double Chocolate Chip cookies are a rich, chocolaty treat, and decadent treat. A touch of espresso elevates the rich chocolate notes to make a perfectly decadent and delicious cookie.
The flavors meld together so beautifully. If you’re not an espresso fan, you can eliminate that ingredient. But honestly, you don’t taste the espresso. It serves as a flavor booster, making the chocolate center stage.
Whether you’re making these as a treat or holiday indulgence, you will love the flavor of these cookies.
Perfect for Valentine’s Day, Christmas… snow days, weekdays, and even weekends.
Obviously I’m inventing excuses to make these delicious Double Chocolate Chip Cookies.
The next time you have a chocolate craving, you’ll have to try these! They will completely satisfy that craving.
More Cookie Recipes
Just in case you’re looking for more ideas… try these!
- Easy Double Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Portland Bar Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Espresso Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a stand mixer, combine the softened butter and sugar; mix until light and fluffy. Then mix in the brown sugar. Once combined, add the eggs, vanilla, and instant espresso.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Then gradually add the flour mixture into the butter and egg mixture. Be careful not overmix. Fold in the white chocolate and chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or two spoons, drop dollops of cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the preheated oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until centers are set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
When I use the convection function, I bake at 375°F but check the cookies at about 8 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 144mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g