Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread
It’s the ultimate party food. This Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread is quick, easy, and so good! A scrumptious appetizer for game days, Super Bowl… or any gathering for almost any reason. It’s decadently delicious and simple to bake in no time.
Warm, cheesy garlic bread in under an hour. Happy sigh!
Think Italian night– a meal that always seems perfectly married to garlic bread. When you make spaghetti… or pasta of any kind, this pull apart bread is your best friend. This pull apart monkey bread makes ample servings with simple ready-made ingredients.
When baked in a fluted tube pan, it creates the perfect place for warmed marinara sauce on the side.
And best of all… people LOVE IT! Which means… they will love you too. Another happy sigh.
Here’s what you need to know!
Variations of Pull Apart Bread
I’ve been testing this recipe for weeks and weeks. All of the tests came back fabulous. My indecision was in choosing the variation that would be the easiest, least complicated, and least involved garlic bread I could come up with for you.
Time can be short, especially when you’re hosting gatherings. So recipes that aren’t the main event need to be easy and rather quick.
However… the other variations were so good, I’m passing them along to you anyway so you can choose which one suits you best!
All three variations are made with the same ingredients. The only difference is the bread.
Pull Apart Bread with Rhodes
I absolutely loved this pull apart bread made with frozen Rhodes bread. It was more time consuming than the others, but the result was rather yummy. If you decide to use this choice, buy the 3-pack of frozen loaves and thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Once thawed, cut the loaves in quarters (lengthwise down the middle and then in halves). The remaining two ends (lengthwise), cut into thirds which will give you 12 pieces per loaf. The exact amount isn’t crucial, they can be larger or smaller pieces as desired.
Assemble the bread as written in the recipe card below, and then cover and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour before baking for 40 to 45 minutes.
Pull Apart Bread with Pizza Dough
This is also delicious. You would need 2lbs of pizza dough brought to room temperature. Cut into about 36 pieces and then proceed with the recipe below.
Pull Apart Bread with Refrigerated Biscuits
Simple, delicious… and the one I choose for this recipe post.
Cheesy Garlic Butter Pull Apart Bread Ingredients.
Here’s what you need to make this oh-so-simple garlic bread! (Specific measurements are in the recipe card below.)
- Melted butter
- Garlic cloves minced or pressed (I used a garlic press)
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Large size refrigerated flaky biscuit (8-count each)
- Shredded cheese: I used a combination of Parmesan cheese and mozzarella but choose your favorite shredded cheese.
- Fresh parsley
Helpful Kitchen Tools
I baked this pull apart bread in a large nonstick 12-cup size Bundt pan. A 10-cup size would also work in this recipe, but you could use a large cake pan as well. A garlic press is helpful because I like the garlic minced– and a press is simply quicker!
How to Make Pull Apart Bread
Step-by-step instructions are in the recipe card below, but here is a quick overview:
Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat a large Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Then melt the butter and mix in garlic and red pepper flakes, let cool slightly.
Cut each biscuit into quarters and once the garlic butter cools, add the pieces to a bowl or zip-lock bag.
Layer half of the biscuits into the bottom of the pan and sprinkle half the cheese and parsley. Turn to coat the biscuits and repeat the layer.
Bake for about 40 minutes or until the garlic bread is golden. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting the pan.
Serve with marinara sauce and enjoy!
More Party Food You Will Also Love
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Cheesy Garlic Butter Pull Apart Bread
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cans large refrigerated flaky biscuits (8-count)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1½-2 cups shredded mozarella or Italian blend cheese
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat a large Bundt pan (10 to 12 cups) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or on the stovetop melt the butter and then mix in minced garlic, and red pepper flakes. Let cool slightly while cutting the biscuits.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters (4 pieces) and add to the cooled mixture in a large bowl or large zip-lock bag; toss to coat.
- Layer half of the butter garlic biscuit into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle half the of the Parmesan, shredded cheese, and parsley over the top. Turn to coat the biscuit with cheese and parsley.
- Repeat the layer, turning to coat the biscuits.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the garlic bread is golden. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a platter.
- Serve with marinara sauce and enjoy!
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
This was so fun!