Overnight Oats with Blueberries and Honey is an all-time favorite make-ahead breakfast oats recipe. So incredibly easy, hearty and satisfying. No morning prep, it’s ready when you are, and is a healthy way to start the day.
With 3 to 4 minutes prep the night before, this delicious Blueberry Overnight Oats healthy breakfast can be ready and waiting in the refrigerator when you are.
It doesn’t ever get better than that!
What’s to Love About Overnight Oats
I love that I can make 5 jars as easily as 1. And that they keep in the refrigerator for healthy snacks, or saved for another morning breakfast.
There are so many different ways to make overnight oats, the possibilities are endless.
Notes on Overnight Oats Consistency
I don’t like my overnight oats too soupy, my husband loves them more liquidy. Mine is perfect as is… he adds a bit of milk in the morning. I always keep the ratio listed in the recipe below… and we’re both happy.
What Are Chia Seeds and Are They Healthy?
Completely optional in this recipe, of course, but if you’re new to chia seeds… here’s what you need to know.
• Chia is an edible seed that dates back to Mayan and Aztec cultures.
• It is an unprocessed, whole grain food.
• Unlike flaxseeds, chia seeds can be absorbed by the body as seeds.
• Contain concentrated, healthy amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, protein, fiber, antioxidants, and calcium.
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- drizzle of honey (or maple syrup)
- In a mason jar (1 pint works great) add the oats, cinnamon, chia seeds, and peanut butter, add half the milk and mix completely. Add the remaining milk and stir. Top with frozen berries (they will defrost by morning) and drizzle with honey (if desired).
- Place the lid on the mason jar and refrigerate overnight (or up to several days). In the morning, add additional liquid if you'd like to achieve preferred consistency.
1 teaspoon Chia seeds
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 132mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 6gSugar: 28gProtein: 13g
More Breakfast Recipes to Love
- Easy Rice Cooker Oatmeal with Apples and Cinnamon
- Healthy Breakfast Quinoa with Blueberries and Bananas
- 2 Minute Instant Pot Oatmeal with Apples
- Blueberry Amish Baked Oatmeal