This Skillet Peach Cobbler is a quick and easy recipe made with fresh or frozen peaches and seasoned with cinnamon and vanilla. It’s ready in 35 minutes. Serve straight from the skillet with a scoop of melting vanilla ice cream.
It’s summer in every bite.
Peach Cobbler is a comfort classic that evokes mid-summer, warm sunshine, and bright blue sky days.
Even in the heart of winter.
For me, summer requires at least one peach cobbler on the dinner table.
All You Need for this Peach Cobbler
In addition to simply pantry ingredients, all you need is an oven-proof skillet. I prefer a cast-iron skillet.
If you need to clean it or season it, see our post on How to Season a Cast-Iron Skillet.
Skillet Peach Cobbler
A Skillet Peach Cobbler is a warm-from-the-oven dessert recipe served straight from a skillet. It’s a super easy dessert recipe that’s so delicious, I’m confident you’ll make it all year. Fresh, frozen, or even canned peaches can be used.
This cobbler is a classic, simple, even humble dessert that’s perfect for casual, cozy evenings or gathering around a picnic table.
Peach Cobbler Ingredients
These simple ingredients are most likely already in your pantry.
- Peaches: Fresh or frozen peaches, peeled and sliced. Drained canned peaches can work too.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar sweetens this skillet dessert and enhances the peach flavor.
- Butter: This helps brown the outside edges of the cobbler and keep it from sticking to the cast iron skillet. Plus, it adds delicious flavor.
- Cobbler Batter: A simple batter consisting of flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
How to Make Skillet Peach Cobbler
This cobbler is incredibly simple to make and takes about 5 minutes to whip up the batter.
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350°F. On the stovetop, heat the butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet on the stovetop until it’s mostly melted. Swirl around until it coats the skillet, this will keep the cobbler from sticking to the pan.
STEP 2: Pour the batter into the warm skillet, over the top of the butter, and scatter sugared peach slices on top.
STEP 3: Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cobbler is golden and bubbling. Cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
More Peach Recipes to Try
- Small Batch Refrigerator Spiced Peach Jam
- Spiced Peach Galette
- German Peach Kuchen
- Skillet Pork Chops and Peaches with Balsamic Honey Sauce
- Thirst-Quenching Peach-Raspberry Iced Tea
RATE THIS COBBLER RECIPE ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Did you try this peach cobbler? Rate the recipe below!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups peaches, sliced plus more to garnish if desired
- cinnamon-sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet and melt on top of the stove.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice the peaches and toss with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Then mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir in the milk, 1 cup sugar, and vanilla to combine.
- Remove the hot skillet with the melted butter from the stove and immediately pour in the batter. Top with the sugared peaches. Bake until brown and the batter has risen up and around the fruit, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool slightly. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and serve with vanilla ice cream or lightly sweetened whipped cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 288mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2gSugar: 34gProtein: 3g