Refrigerator Peach Jam is a late summer standby. And this recipe couldn’t be simpler. It’s a simple, sweet preserve with a hint of cinnamon. A small-batch, one jar at a time recipe I love to pull out when the peaches are ripe. A perfect summer treat I make often.
Where I live, peaches mark summer’s passage. When August arrives, I begin combing our farmers’ market for fresh peaches from the orchards east of the Cascade mountains. Depending on the year, I can count on this beautiful and wonderfully delicious fruit arriving mid-month. On good years, it will continue through the first of September.
RELATED: Summer Peach Cobbler
Peach Cobblers are a must. Peach ice cream as well. And my husband wouldn’t let the season pass without asking for his all-time favorite dessert, peach pie. But this Small Batch Refrigerator Spiced Peach Jam is just as coveted.
Mornings become sweetly delicious with a dollop of this jam on my favorite wheat toast. Or… an evening on the patio with a spoonful on top of vanilla ice cream!
More Peach Dessert Recipes
- 2-3 large peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 4-inch cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon butter
- To a large saucepan add sliced peaches, sugar, water, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil; add butter and reduce heat to medium.
- Continue to simmer the peaches on medium to medium-high heat, removing foam from the surface as needed until the peaches are soft, most of the liquid has evaporated and the jam has thickened. About 20-30 minutes. During this process, I like to use a potato masher to further break down the peaches. The back of a spoon works well too.
- Ladle jam into glass refrigerator containers. The jam will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Makes 1-2 half pint jars.