This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Where I live, peaches mark summer’s passage. When August arrives, I begin combing our farmers’ market for fresh peaches from the orchards east of the Cascade mountains. Depending on the year, I can count on this beautiful and wonderfully delicious fruit arriving mid-month. On good years, it will continue through the first of September. RELATED: Summer Peach Cobbler Peach Cobblers are a must. Peach ice cream as well. And my husband wouldn’t let the season pass without asking for his all-time favorite dessert, peach pie. But this Small Batch Refrigerator Spiced Peach Jam is just as coveted. Mornings become sweetly delicious with this jam on my favorite wheat toast. Or… an evening on the patio with a spoonful on top of vanilla ice cream!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
More Peach Dessert Recipes
- Easy Spiced Peach Galette
- Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler
- German Peach Kuchen: A Perfect Seasonal Treat
- 3 Minute Peach Mug Cake
- Peach Crumble with Salted Caramel Sauce
- 2-3 large peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4-inch cinnamon stick (1)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- To a large saucepan add sliced peaches, sugar, water, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil; add butter and reduce heat to medium.
- Continue to simmer the peaches on medium to medium-high heat, removing foam from the surface as needed until the peaches are soft, most of the liquid has evaporated and the jam has thickened. About 20-30 minutes. During this process, I like to use a potato masher to further break down the peaches. The back of a spoon works well too.
- Ladle jam into glass refrigerator containers. The jam will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Makes 1-2 half pint jars.