One Pot Easy Skillet Taco
This Skillet Taco is the easiest, most delicious way to serve tacos at your next party. With a few simple, healthy ingredients, it will become a go-to game day, Super Bowl, and Friday night tradition.
So much simpler and more fun than your average taco. It’s a come-one, come-all dish to serve straight out of the skillet, family-style.
This is why it’s one of my favorite party foods.
HOW TO SERVE A SKILLET TACO
Serve it straight from the skillet as a dip, or as a filling for:
- Street Taco Tortillas
- Tortilla Chips
- Corn Tortillas
- Burrito Style Wraps
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SKILLET TACOS
- Cut up Veggies
- Tortilla Chips
- Lettuce Wraps
- Mexican Rice or Instant Pot Mexican Rice with Corn and Black Beans
- Green Salad
- Mexican Chocolate Cookies
WHEN TO SERVE THIS SKILLET TACO
- Weeknight Dinners
- Game Days
- Super Bowl
- Friday Nights
- Taco Tuesdays or Mexican Food Night
- Cinco de Mayo
- When you’re serving a crowd!
SIMPLE, HEALTHY INGREDIENTS FOR THESE SKILLET TACOS
One of the things I love most about this dish is that… it’s healthy. And honestly, no one would even know. It’s made with ground turkey, which could, of course, be swapped for ground beef or chicken.
The rest of the ingredients are fresh produce and pantry staples.;
- Produce: one onion, and one bell pepper.
- Oils and Spices: olive oil, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, dried oregano, ground cumin, red pepper flakes (optional, as always), and cayenne.
- Pantry: one can each of fire-roasted tomatoes and black beans.
- Dairy: Mexican shredded cheese.
More Recipes You May Also Enjoy
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Easy One Pot Skillet Taco
This Skillet Taco is the easiest, most delicious way to serve tacos at your next party. With a few simple, healthy ingredients, it's a go-to game day, Super Bowl, Friday night tradition.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- One 14.5-ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 14.5 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican-blend shredded cheese
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Then add the ground turkey. Cook until no pink remains while breaking the turkey apart as it cooks, about 10 minutes.
- To the turkey, add the chili powder, salt, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, red pepper flakes, paprika and cayenne; stir to combine. Add the fire-roasted tomatoes and black beans; bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and cook until the liquid has reduced slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the turkey skillet. Remove from the heat, cover, and let sit for a couple of minutes until the cheese begins to melt. Garnish with scallions, fresh herbs like cillantro or parsley, and sour cream if desired.
- cover and turn the heat off. Let sit for a few minutes for the cheese to melt from the residual heat.
Serve right from the skillet with garnishes of avocado, scallions and cilantro and with tortilla chips alongside.
How to Serve Taco Skillet
Serve the Taco Skillet straight from the pan. It's perfect as a dip, with street taco tortillas or corn tortillas. It's party food served family-style!
Sprinkle fresh herbs, like parsley or cilantro, over the top. Then add desired condiments.
- chopped avocados
- green onions, chopped
- sour cream
- pickled onions
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.