This quick and healthy Asparagus Frittata is packed with spring vegetables, is creamy with two kinds of cheese, and deliciously seasoned with fresh dill and basil. And… it’s ready in under 20 minutes!
As the days grow longer and the sun teases our senses while intermittent showers keep everything dewy soft, and green, there’s nothing I crave more than fresh spring vegetables baked into a delectable frittata.
Whether that be for an easy dinner or brunch.
Asparagus Frittata Ingredients
Here is a list of the delicious ingredients used in this frittata. The exact measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Grape tomatoes
- Large eggs
- Half-and-half or milk
- Fresh spinach
- Shredded fontina cheese
- Fresh dill
- Fresh basil
- Goat cheese
Kitchen Tools Needed:
All you need to make this frittata recipe is an oven-safe 10-inch skillet, preferably nonstick. I like to use my well-seasoned cast-iron skillet.
You will also need a whisk to beat the eggs, a sharp knife is handy when chopping the vegetables, and a heat-resistant spatula is needed to saute the veggies.
How to Make This Asparagus Frittata
This simple Asparagus Frittata is a quick and easy recipe, requiring only a couple of steps.
It is cooked first on the stovetop and then finished under a broiler.
Step 1: Whisk the Eggs
Whisk together eggs, half-and-half, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Set aside
Step 2: Saute the Vegetables
Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped asparagus and saute until crisp-tender, then raise the heat to medium-high and saute the tomatoes for another minute. Finally, add spinach and cook until beginning to wilt.
Step 3: Add the Eggs and Cook
Pour in the egg mixture, and sprinkle with cheese and herbs. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the frittata is almost set but still runny on top.
Step 4: Broil
Place the skillet under the broiler and cook until the top is set and golden brown; about 5 minutes.
More Recipes You May Also Enjoy
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Easy Asparagus Frittata
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces asparagus washed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 6 tablespoons fresh chopped basil divided
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together eggs, half-and-half, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside
- Melt butter in an ovenproof, nonstick 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and saute until crisp-tender; about 2 minutes. Raise the heat to medium-high and add tomatoes and a pinch of salt; saute 1 minute longer. Then add spinach; cook about 30 seconds or until spinach barely begins to wilt.
- Pour in the egg mixture. Sprinkle with fontina, dill, and 4 tablespoons basil; stir gently with a fork. Crumble goat cheese evenly over the frittata.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until the frittata is almost set but still runny on top; about 2 minutes.
- Place the skillet under the broiler and cook until the top is set and golden brown; about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit about 2 minutes. Then, loosen the frittata from the skillet and slide it onto a plate. Sprinkle with the remaining basil, cut into wedges and serve.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.