1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
8 large eggs
1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup packed fresh spinach, chopped
6 ounces asparagus, washed and cut into 2-inch pieces
1/4 cup (2 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
6 tablespoons fresh chopped basil, divided
4 ounces goat cheese
1. Preheat broiler. Arrange tomatoes, cut sides up, on a rimmed, aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 4 inches from heat 5 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool slightly.
2. Whisk together eggs, half-and-half, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
3. Heat butter in an ovenproof 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add spinach; cook about 30 seconds or until spinach barely begins to wilt. Pour in egg mixture. Sprinkle with fontina, dill, and 4 tablespoons basil; stir gently with a fork.
4. Arrange tomatoes, cut sides down, over egg mixture; press down gently with the back of a spatula. Crumble goat cheese evenly over the frittata. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook about 6 minutes or until frittata is almost set but still runny on top.
5. Broil 6 inches from heat 2 minutes or until completely set and golden brown. Remove from oven, and let stand 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons basil. Cut into wedges and serve.
Adapted from Coastal Living Magazine