Roasted Asparagus with Dill Yogurt Sauce is a 5 minute side dish that’s crisp, tender, and amazingly delicious with an equally quick and easy sauce that makes this side dish pretty enough to serve for holidays and guests.
It’s fresh and seasonal, and almost addictive.
And while it’s wonderful as a side — it’s also surprisingly perfect as an appetizer. I think it’s the sauce. While making these, I could hardly keep my husband from passing by and walking off with asparagus spears!
Roasted Asparagus Ingredients
Gather these ingredients for this simple 5-minute side. The exact measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
For the asparagus:
- 2 lb medium-size fresh asparagus spears
- Olive oil
For the Dill Yogurt Sauce
- Plain Greek yogurt (or plain yogurt)
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh dill (or dried dill)
- Fine sea salt (or table salt)
- Cayenne pepper
Tips for Roasted Asparagus
Asparagus: Choose medium-size asparagus for this recipe if they’re available. The pencil-thin asparagus can work too but will roast in seconds, so be mindful of the size of the asparagus and keep your eye on them while they are in the oven.
Yogurt: Non-dairy yogurt, plain yogurt, and Greek yogurt all work well in this recipe.
Tasting: Be sure to taste the Dill Yogurt Sauce for seasoning before serving. The measurement I’m using is a “pinch.” I like those pinches to be generous.
Tips for Serving Roasted Asparagus
Because I love to serve this side for Easter dinner, Mother’s Day and other spring gatherings, the platter I’m serving them on is important.
Therefore… I adjust the length of my asparagus spears to the width of the platter. In these photos, my platter is more narrow and I cut the spears to fit the width.
If you have leftover pieces, trim the woody ends off and save the rest for recipes like my all-time favorite Cream of Asparagus Soup. But they’re also a delicious addition to stir-fry, pasta, risotto, and more!
More Recipes You May Also Enjoy
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
- 2 pounds medium-size fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Dill Yogurt Sauce
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or plain yogurt)
- 3 small cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill (or 2 tsp dried dill)
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to high broil with rack in the middle position. Place asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt, and broil until asparagus is crisp-tender; about 3 to 5 minutes. Do not stir the asparagus.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: Combine the yogurt, garlic, dill salt, pepper, and lemon juice and whisk until creamy and smooth. Taste to adjust flavor and drizzle with olive oil.
- Arrange roasted asparagus on a platter. Spoon Dill Yogurt Sauce over the asparagus spears. Add lemon zest and freshly ground pepper for garnish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 54Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g