If you have leftover turkey, this is my all-time favorite way to use it. This bowl of comfort food, packed with healthy vegetables and wide noodles, makes every day better. And the flavors? Its reminiscent flavors will remind you of your feast. In other words… it’s just perfect!
Leftover Turkey Vegetable Noodle Soup
There’s something special about soup. And this soup is one I look forward to all year. It combines the comforting flavors of Thanksgiving in a bowl.
Perfect for Friday or even Saturday following Thanksgiving or Christmas. Whenever you find yourself with that oh-so-delicious leftover turkey.
What makes this soup special… is that it’s never the same from year to year. As the holiday menu changes from year to year, so does this soup.
It’s a perfect way to use your those leftovers, veggies, and all, and make this ever-so-delicious soup… that’s never the same twice.
Make it with Homemade turkey stock — or simply use store-bought chicken or vegetable broth. But if you’ve saved your turkey carcass, don’t let it go to waste. Making your own stock is incredibly easy and rewarding.
Make Leftover Turkey Soup with Store-Bought or Homemade Turkey Stock
This soup can take all day — or it can be a quick fix and hearty soup. When I have time, I love to make turkey stock with the leftover carcass. If time is short, I use store-bought turkey, chicken or vegetable stock.
Get the Homemade Turkey Stock recipe >
Turkey Vegetable Noodle Soup
Curl up with a bowl of delicious and healthy Turkey Vegetable Noodle Soup and remember the feast you made!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8-10 cups broth (turkey, chicken, vegetable)
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup green beans, cut
- 1/2 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 cup leftover stuffing (optional)
- 8-ounces dried wide noodles
- 2 cups turkey, cooked and shredded into bite-size pieces
- kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot. Add onion, carrots, and celery and saute until tender. Then add the garlic and stock; bring soup to a boil.
- Once the soup comes to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and add the potatoes, corn, green beans, zucchini, bay leaf, thyme, marjoram, stuffed if desired, and noodles.
- Simmer until the vegetables are tender and the noodles are cooked; about 15 minutes. Add the cooked turkey and season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to simmer until turkey is heated through.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.