This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we'll send it to your inbox. Plus, you'll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
Give your kiddos a place to imagine, create adventures, and even relax with a little quiet time with these easy to DIY Kids Tents and Teepees. You will give them and you a summer to remember.
Imagine serving snacks, having a little quiet time — even a nap in these darling, easy to make shelters. And when quiet time is over and done — they’re perfect pirate houses, fire stations, princess castles, bohemian palaces… and more!
These play spaces are easy on the summer fun budget to DIY for under $50.
Kids Drop Cloth Play Tent
Kids will love this easy-to-make tent for backyard camping and weekend fun. Fold it flat and store it when they’re done. (Pictured above).
From Lowe’s, this project is inexpensive, considered a beginner level, has 8 steps, and requires few materials.
For instructions, visit Lowe’s.
Teepee and Backyard Tent Play Ideas
1. No-Sew Feather Teepee – Project Nursery
2. No Sew Teepee — Fawn Over Baby
3. Super Simple 5-Minute Backyard Teepee — Mamma.Papa.Bubba
4. No-Sew Patchwork Teepee – The Handmade Home
5. Indoor Play Tent – Ducklings in a Row
6. Easy DIY Teepee Tent — Chalk Kids
7. Party Tents — Mom.me
8. Backyard Tent for Sun — Kidsomania
9. Backyard Teepee — Ziggity Zoom
10. Big Kid Teepee – Cotton + Curls
11. Cabin Play House – The Design Confidential
12. DIY Drop Cloth TeePee for $20 — Thrifty and Chic
13. Cool Tent Design for Girls — homedit
14. Hula Hoop Circus Tent – Blue House Joy
15. Collapsible Play Tent — Make It & Love It