The most wonderful season of the year is here! To give you ideas on making the most of these days, here is a list of 31 simple ways to make Christmas memorable.
As we enter the Christmas season, it’s easy to get caught up in the rush and forfeit the meaningful things that make the holiday special.
Here are some simple ways to make this Christmas one to remember.
Make the most of this magical time of the year with our list of fun and simple holiday activities. Take a break from the hustle and bustle and set aside some moments or even special days to celebrate Christmas. To help with planning, we’ve added a printable checklist you can download at the foot of this post.
More Christmas Ideas
For Christmas recipes and ideas, here are a few of our favorites.
- Figgy Pudding: A Classic Every Christmas Table Needs
- Simple and Festive Christmas Dinner Recipes
- Hosting a Christmas Tea to Celebrate the Holidays
- Christmas Candy to Make Ahead
- Vintage Christmas Cookies to Make Ahead
- Worldwide Christmas Cookies
31 Ways to Make Christmas Memorable
- Write a Christmas letter.
- Make a Christmas wreath using gathered greens.
- Watch your favorite childhood Christmas movie.
- Donate to a local toy drive.
- Donate holiday food to a local food bank.
- Read the biblical Christmas story.
- Read inspirational thoughts or devotions for advent.
- Roast marshmallows and make s’mores — even in the microwave.
- Decorate a gingerbread house. (Gingerbread House kits on Amazon).
- Make a Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix for the season. And make an extra one to gift.
- Organize a socially distanced neighborhood Christmas Cookie Swap.
- Go sledding, ice-skating, or a winter hike.
- Read a Christmas book. Here are some of our favorite Christmas stories.
- Research your family tree and share it with those you love.
- Bake a vintage family recipe. (Here are some retro Christmas ideas).
- DIY a new Christmas ornament for your tree.
- Print copies of family photos and hang them on the tree.
- Create your own garland out of popcorn, fruit, or nuts.
- Dry apples and oranges in your oven for natural decorations.
- Cut out paper snowflakes to hang in your window.
- Send someone a virtual coffee or mocha card.
- Take a Christmas lights drive in your town.
- Make wassail and share the story of its origins.
- Simmer apples, oranges, cinnamon sticks, and cloves in water while trimming the Christmas tree.
- Have a Christmas carol sing-a-long with family or on zoom.
- Host a simple Christmas Afternoon Tea for a small group or family.
- String lights on your front door, balcony, or patio to bring holiday cheer to the neighborhood and yourself.
- Make Christmas candy.
- Bake Christmas cookies popular in other countries.
- Celebrate the 12 Days of Christmas (Dec. 25 – Jan. 5).
- Light a candle and pray for the new year.