Capture mom’s story with these simple Mother’s Day Questions. Make the most of the occasion, learn about mom, and record it forever with this fun and creative activity to download: “About My Mom, Mother’s Day Questions to Ask.”
The second Sunday of May is a day set aside to honor Mom… and Grandma too. A time to thank them for all they do, and all they’ve done.
An occasion to honor, celebrate, and remember.
A day to listen and perhaps learn a little more about their story.
Ann Taylor once said:
“Who ran to help me when I fell,
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
20 Mother’s Day Questions to Capture Mom’s Story on Mother’s Day
Ancestry has identified 20 questions designed to get your mom or grandmother to beginning sharing their story. They advise using a recording device, like your phone, and also taking notes. See the printable below that can get you started.
- What is your name and what are the names of your parents and brothers and sisters? How did your parents choose your name? Does it have a special meaning? Did you have any nicknames?
- When and where were you born? When and where were your parents and brothers and sisters born?
- What kinds of things did your family do together when you were young?
- Who were some of your friends? What did you do with your friends?
- What schools did you attend? What were your favorite subjects? Who were your favorite teachers?
- How did you meet Dad/Grandfather? How did he propose?
- When and where were you married?
- What are your children’s names and when and where were they born?
- What are some special memories you have about your children?
- Where have you lived?
- Have you had jobs? Who did you work for and what did you do?
- Do you belong to a church or a religion? How has it affected your life?
- In your religion, what callings or positions have you served in?
- What did you do to get through the difficult times in your life?
- Do you have holiday traditions? What do you do for the holidays?
- What are some of your favorite things? Colors, flowers, books, songs, foods, pets?
- What trips or vacations do you remember? Which one was your favorite?
- What are some personal experiences that have especially touched your heart?
- What are your favorite things to do now?
- What do you hope for your children and grandchildren?
Mother’s Day Questions – About My Mom Printable
This fun activity will have Mom and Grandma recalling memories and sharing stories, some of which you may never have heard. Download, print, and pass them out to children and family members. It will be a cherished gift to tuck away for years to come.
Click on the image or the button below to download the Mother’s Day Questions sheet.