These Easter M&M Cookies are deliciously soft and chewy, bright with the pastel colors of Easter. With a vanilla sugar cookie base, they’re easy to bake, no chilling, and perfect for Easter!
Whether you stash them in an Easter basket, or serve them alongside your Easter desserts, these cookies will become a tradition.
Honestly, who doesn’t love M&M’s?!
And if you’re looking for homemade gifts for family, friends, or neighbors, these Easter M&M Cookies are a winner!
What I Love About these Easter M&M Cookies
- Easy to make at a moment’s notice, with pantry staples (plus some Easter-colored M&Ms).
- No chilling cookie dough required in this recipe. Mix and bake for easy treats.
- Pastel M&Ms tend to put a smile on everyone’s faces.
- The cookies are super delicious!
Ingredients in Easter M&M Cookies
Unsalted butter is best but if salted butter is in the refrigerator, simply reduce the salt a bit.
Granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, salt, baking soda, and vanilla extract
One large egg plus an additional egg yolk makes these cookies pillow and soft.
One bag of Easter-colored M&M’s.
How to Make Easter M&M Cookies
In the bowl of a stand mixer add the butter and sugar. Cream together until nice and light. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Continue to beat for a couple of minutes until the mixture is fully incorporated.
Add the flour, salt, and baking soda to the butter mixture. Beat until fully combined. Fold in half of the M&Ms.
Here’s where it gets fun. Scoop cookie dough and roll into a ball. Then roll the ball into the remaining M&Ms. Transfer the dough to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes for soft-in-the-middle cookies. If you like your cookies crispier, bake for 12 to 14 minutes. I like cookies that are golden around the edges but still soft in the middle. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
M&Ms on the Cookies:
Rolling the dough balls in the remaining M&Ms usually results in candies that are very visible after baking. Feel free to add additional candies to the baked cookies as soon as they come out of the oven if you want more color.
Kitchen Tools for Cookie Baking:
I bake a LOT of cookies. And… my baking sheets show it. Too much. I recently picked up a pair of Nordic Ware Gold half-sheets for cooking baking. Honestly, only because they were in an Easter display at Fred Meyer (Kroger) and I remembered my need. Impulse buying!
A few cookie batches in… and I’m loving these baking sheets. They are light and perfect.
More Easter Recipes
- Simple and Festive Easter Dinner Recipes
- 25 Easy Easter Brunch Recipes and Ideas
- Easy Easter Cake Recipes
- 26 Simple and Easy Easter Breakfast Recipes
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups Easter Colored M&M’s
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a stand mixer until fully incorporated. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla, continue beating until the mixture is light and fluffy, at least a couple of minutes. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl as necessary.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking soda; mix at low speed until there are no dry streaks of flour and the dough is fully incorporated. Fold in half of the M&M’s.
- Scoop out cookie dough and roll into a ball. Roll the ball of dough in the remaining M&M's and place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, for soft in the middle cookies, or until slightly golden around the edges. For crisp cookies, bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g