Easy Maple Cinnamon Latte
This easy Maple Cinnamon Latte is a delicious, lightly sweetened latte flavored with pure maple syrup and cinnamon. Made with espresso or brewed coffee, it’s a fall morning beverage you’ll love.
And it couldn’t be simpler to make at home without any special equipment.
Maple Cinnamon Latte
When the days grow chilly and blustery, and the leaves turn brilliant shades of red, gold, orange, and brown, a morning latte isn’t far from our minds.
Flavored lattes, like Pumpkin Spice Latte in the fall, are always a favorite with the warming mix of spices inspired by the pumpkin season.
Or a Gingerbread Latte as the holidays are near with its mellow flavor combination of molasses and brown sugar. Sweet flavors remind us of everything we love about gingerbread at Christmas.
And as the days grow even darker and colder, adding a London Fog Drink is always a welcome pleasure.
This Maple Cinnamon Latte will be yet another flavored latte to add to the fall and winter beverages we love. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make at home with a few simple ingredients.
How to Froth Milk
Begin by heating the milk. Here are the best tips on which milk to use and how to heat it.
- Use fresh milk: This is key to getting the best foam. Milk that has sat in the refrigerator for awhile doesn’t foam as well as fresh milk.
- Whole milk foams best because it has the highest milkfat. A 2% milk also works.
- Scald the milk for best results. This means, the milk will be hot but not simmering.
Tools for Frothing Milk
It isn’t necessary to have specific tools to froth milk, although they make the process easier for sure. Here are two ways to froth milk.
How to Froth Milk with a Milk Frother
A handheld milk frother is one of the easiest tools to use when frothing milk. It’s inexpensive and a great tool to have on hand. Here’s how to use it.
- Heat the milk to scalding.
- Transfer milk to a tall container and hold at an angle.
- Move the frother up and down until foam begins to form, about 20 seconds. Tap on the counter to break up large bubbles.
How to Froth Milk with a Whisk
If you don’t have a handheld milk frother on hand, you can also use a whisk to froth milk. This method takes a bit longer and doesn’t result in a foam that is as bubbly. Here’s how to froth milk with a whisk.
- Heat the milk to scalding.
- Whisk the milk vigorously until foamy.
- Pour into a pitcher, and tap on the counter to break down large bubbles.
Maple Cinnamon Latte Ingredients
Simple ingredients I’m sure you already have on hand. Specific ingredient measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Here’s what you need:
- Brewed coffee or espresso
- Pure maple syrup
- Ground cloves
How to Make a Maple Cinnamon Latte at Home
Begin by brewing strong coffee or espresso.
Once brewed, mix the espresso with pure maple syrup, cinnamon, and cloves.
Froth milk using one of the methods above, and spoon over the espresso. To garnish, sprinkle a pinch of ground cinnamon over the top.
More Coffee Recipes
Cinnamon Maple Latte
This easy Maple Cinnamon Latte is a delicious, lightly sweetened latte flavored with pure maple syrup and cinnamon. Made with espresso or brewed coffee, it's a fall morning beverage you'll love.
- 1 cup strongly brewed coffee or espresso
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 cup whole milk
- In a coffee mug, mix hot coffee, maple syrup, and cinnamon, and ground cloves.
- Steam the milk until warm and frothy. Milk can be scalded in a microwave or in a small saucepan. Froth the milk using a milk frother or with a whisk.
- Spoon the frothed milk over the coffee and garnish it with a pinch of cinnamon.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 119mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 0gSugar: 36gProtein: 8g