This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Embrace vibrant seasonal flavors with this week’s Easy Summer Mediterranean Diet meal plan featuring easy and healthy dinners, perfect for a busy week. From seasonal zucchini to juicy tomatoes, healthy seafood, and a burger recipe that’s utterly healthy and aligns with the Mediterranean way of life.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
What to Eat on the Mediterranean Diet
The Mediterranean Diet is not only a delicious and healthful approach to eating, emphasizing nutrient-rich foods that promote well-being, but it’s also a beautiful way to live. Here’s what kinds of foods to eat on the Mediterranean Diet:
- Fruits and Vegetables: Load up on a colorful variety of fresh, seasonal produce rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Whole Grains: Opt for whole grains like quinoa, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and whole grain bread, providing sustained energy and fiber.
- Healthy Fats: Incorporate olive oil, nuts, and seeds for heart-healthy monounsaturated fats that support overall health.
- Lean Proteins: Choose lean protein sources like fish, poultry, legumes, and beans.
- Dairy: Enjoy yogurt and cheese in moderation, opting for low-fat or Greek varieties for calcium and probiotics.
- Herbs and Spices: Flavor your dishes with aromatic herbs and spices, reducing the need for excessive salt while adding unique tastes.
- Limited Sweets: Savor desserts occasionally, focusing on fresh fruits and small portions of sweet treats.
Let’s take a look at this week’s menu!
Easy Summer Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan Menu
Monday’s dinner is a meatless meal I love to serve during August and September when zucchini is plentiful, fresh, and delicious!
Tuesday’s dinner is also a seasonal dish that’s delicious to make when tomatoes are vine-ripened. It’s a hearty dish filled with flavor and good-for-you-ingredients. Add whole grain bread to round out the meal for heartier eaters.
Wednesday’s dinner is an easy, classic Italian dish made with canned tuna. Use whole-grain pasta to make it even healthier.
Thursday’s dinner is all about summer with a quick and easy salmon salad dinner served over couscous. No cooking (except for couscous) so I’m taking dinners outdoors.
Friday’s dinner is also all about a summer classic made healthy and delicious with Greek flavors. I’m making Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Avocado Greek Yogurt Dip and plan to enjoy it on the patio. Serve with red onions, feta, and thick slices of tomatoes.
The Treat this week features the late summer favorite… zucchini. Made healthy and delicious with added veggies, naturally sweetened, and a treat for snacks, desserts, and always… breakfast!
Have a beautiful week!
RELATED: More 31Daily Dinner Ideas >>
Deliver to Your Email!
Deliver these weekly dinner menus to your email inbox Sunday mornings. Tap the box below!
Easy Summer Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan (August 28)
More Weekly Dinner Plans
You can find all of our past weekly dinner meal plans here!