This Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole is an easy and delicious casserole, perfect for a weekend brunch, holiday morning, or simply to make ahead for the week.
This savory breakfast casserole is packed with flavor and everything you love for breakfast. It’s made with hashbrowns, eggs, bacon, and cheese. Perfect for a make-ahead breakfast.
Why I love this Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
This breakfast casserole is perfect to make the night before and bake it when you’re ready. Store covered in the refrigerator and remove while the oven is pre-heating. Add an extra 5 minutes when baking.
While I’m making this breakfast casserole with bacon, always a favorite at my house, it’s delicious with ham, sausage or other breakfast meat. Add vegetables if you like. In fact, you might like our Make Ahead Easy Vegetable Egg Bake Breakfast Casserole.
Easy and Quick to Make:
This casserole comes together with only minutes of prep. In fact, if you want to buy pre-cooked bacon, you’re looking at a breakfast casserole made in minutes!
Makes a Dozen Servings:
This breakfast casserole can feed a crowd, or becomes delicious quick breakfasts later. When I have leftovers, I cut the casserole into squares, wrap individually, and freeze for later.
Ingredients for Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
I like to use frozen shredded hashbrowns. But a cubed country style potato also works. A quick fix is O’Brien potatoes with peppers and onions.
Using bacon is a quick, easy, and favorite ingredient. Be sure to cook it ahead. Or if you’re in a hurry, ready-cooked bacon is quick and easy. Other options include: sausage, ham, or other favorite breakfast meats.
I’m using a combination of cheddar and swiss in this breakfast casserole. But swap in your favorite cheese.
More Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
- Make Ahead Easy Vegetable Egg Bake Breakfast Casserole
- Easy Bacon, Cheese and Spinach Quiche
- 15 Make Ahead Breakfast Casseroles
- Easy Overnight Egg Bake with Sausage and Kale
- Make Ahead Ham and Asparagus Strata
- 8 oz bacon, diced
- 8 eggs
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Season
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
- 6 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz Swiss, Mozarella, or Gruyere cheese shredded
- 4 oz small curd cottage cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and set aside.
- Dice bacon strips and cook in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- To the bowl, add thawed hash browns, shredded cheese, cottage cheese, and bacon. Stir until combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until center is set. Let the breakfast casserole rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with snipped fresh chives and additional red pepper flakes, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 173mgSodium: 647mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 20g