This easy Italian Slow Cooker Pork Roast is incredibly flavorful with tender, fall-apart pork. With 4 simple ingredients, plus pantry spices, it’s a winner for weeknight cooking or a Sunday supper.
Slow Cooker meals are a lifesaver for families with little time for cooking or food preparation. Or when you, the chief cook, need a night off from cooking.
Then there are people like me who love to linger in the aroma the slow cooker gives me house — all day long!
Plus, slow cooker meals are incredibly delicious in that the ingredients take their sweet time to flavor and season… and become mouth-wateringly tender. As happens with this slow cooker pork roast.
What I Love About This Slow Cooker Pork Roast
- 4 simple ingredients: (pork roast, onion, potatoes, and broth).
- Simple seasonings: (garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper).
- 5 minutes of prep: (I don’t even sear the roast — although it would enhance the flavor if you wanted to!).
- It’s SO easy.
How to Make This Slow Cooker Roast
This is one of the simplest meals you can make. Yet special enough to serve for a Sunday supper.
Season the pork roast with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning and then set in the slow cooker.
Peel and chop the potatoes into similar size pieces and the onion as well. Put the lid on the slow cooker and let it do its magic.
Slow Cooker Pork Roast Leftovers
It’s the leftovers that send this pork roast to the top of my recipe list. It’s a one-cook-yields-multiple-meals scenario. I like to get a roast big enough for leftovers. Here are some of my favorite ideas:
- Shred the pork and add a favorite BBQ sauce for pulled pork sandwiches.
- Add shredded pork to stir fry vegetables and serve over your favorite grain.
- Combine the pork with grape tomatoes and serve over pasta.
- Add it to pizza – like this Street Corn Pizza.
- Make a hash with any leftover potatoes, onion, and pork.
- 2-3 lb pork roast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 sweet potato, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup broth (chicken or beef)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the pork roast in a slow cooker. Arrange the onion and potatoes around the roast in the base of the slow cooker.
- Pour the broth over the pork roast, potatoes, and onions.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper on the roast and potatoes. Place the lid on the crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hour
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker and let rest for 7 minutes. Meanwhile, transfer the potatoes and onions to a serving platter and reserve cooking juice to serve with the roast. Slice the roast and transfer to the platter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.